SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mickeymouse_gw

Unique window needs creative minds...

MickeyMouse
19 years ago

to come up with what I should put behind it when I get it hung on my living room wall. The window is old with glass intact and is divided in the middle with wood, making 2 panes. It measures 64x28 and has a unique top to it...it is rounded off but comes to a small peak! That is the reason I purchased it! The hooks and latches are original and I will leave them on, for character, as well as the mustard colored paint(my walls are painted a 'Battlefield Brown' by American Tradition...no, not brown but a wonderful olive type shade to go with the mustards and dark red in the room)! What I want to do is place something unique behind the glass, whether attached to it, or the wall, as long as the depth fits. I was thinking a picture of flowers if unusual in the colors I mentioned, collectible items (we have all primitive decor), but the one I just came up with I rather like...sprigs of red berries and twigs, perhaps some grapevine, and a splash of mustard color flowers? I would have to duplicate it to a point on the bottom pane so they would compliment each other. I really think this would make a great piece that would be quite unusual and unique. Now it is YOUR turn to suggest what would look good! TIA!

Comments (9)

Sponsored