Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! These are my Grandmas....

Posted by doris104 (doris104@verizon.net) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 22:53

I have been given the honor of trying to see what these vases may be worth. They are at least 100 years old, but I know nothing else about them. I will give you dimensions, but I need to have my parents measure them, since they have custody right now and are in a different state. Here are the pics, and I'll get you the rest of the information as soon as I can.

Here is the first one:

JP Vase

JP Vase

JP Vase

JP Vase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Second one.............

Yellow Vase Mark

Yellow Vase Back

Yellow Vase Side

Yellow Vase Front

o
The Third one.........

I can't find the bottom mark to this one. I can only assume that there was nothing there. I will contact my parents and see if they see anything on it and have them send me a pic. Thanks for looking and any information will be great!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
More pics of Bavarian

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
RE: Help! These are my Grandmas....

You will get more help on the Antiques & Collectibles forum-just go up to the top of the page & where it says "forums" click & it's on "Home forums" click on that & it is the 1st forum. The JP with L underneath is - Jean Pouyat-La Ceramique, Limoges, France1905 to the present. It looks like initials on the side of it but I can't read what they are,would help if you knew what they are. Might find it under Limoges or Jean Pouyat or La Ceramique. Yellow 1 looks familiar but would have to look through books to see if I could find it. Anyway I think they are all over $100 each Could check on e-bay & see what you can find. The yellow 1 is Takito,(company) Japan, porcelain 1880-1948

o
RE: Help! These are my Grandmas....

The 1st & 3rd ones look like a lot that I get in the shop, handpainted by ladies around 1900. It was a hobby, they would buy blanks & paint them. Some of these pieces are very beautiful but know who the painter was will make little difference to the value. The second one is later, looks deco to me, out of my area of knowledge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here