Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of my idea for this? (PIC)

Posted by anele (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 08 at 21:57

I don't have money for a new TV console, so here is what I was thinking. I'd add a tin tile to each door, paint it white, and change the knobs to either glass or something with a floral decal. I need to do something with the frayed back, too.

It's not wood, so do I need to do anything special before painting? Any other ideas? I am trying to make it look like a vintage piece.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of my idea for this? (PIC)

Use a good primer.

o

I have a few faux wood pieces that I painted and made fit in my Prim country decor. All I do is prime with Kilz and put on like 3 coats of paint to be sure that it's covered well. That's usually about it. If you want extra protectionn, you can seal it with varnish or poly or something like that.

Just painting the piece will look totally different...

o

Thank you both!

My next task is figuring out a way to find time to do this!

o

Hi Anele,
That is a lovely piece of furniture to do something with. Do what the girls above said, with priming and painting.....white/ivory is a sure bet, and then maybe some flowers, or the tin....I am sure it will turn out good.
Maddya

o

Also you could do like Robolady does and cut some spindles in half to decorate it. I've seen the ceiling tins at Home Depot for about $14 each. They also have wallpaper that looks like tin ceilings that is paintable that might be cheaper than the tin tiles. It'll look great as a Shabby Chic piece!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here