Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mantel scarves

Posted by Desi (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 5, 05 at 21:09

Anyone have any unusual or new ideas for mantel scarves? Now that Christmas is over, all the decorations are put away, things look a little bleak and I thought perhaps a mantel scarf might be just the trick to take me into spring decorating. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mantel scarves

I have used large cloth napkins folded in half to make a triangle. Then laid those out on the mantle with the points down in various configurations and set my mantle decorations on top of them to secure the napkins. I've even sewed cheap tassles on the points for interest.

o

Check out this post, i'll see if I can find the picture

Here is a link that might be useful: MS

o

I have bought lengths of fabric and scrunched it up, laid it on top and then put things(candlesticks, pictures, plants or flowers, mirrors, etc.) on top of it. Gives some depth to it, some color and a theme to build from. For Valentine's Day, I have a gauzy/netty kind of fabric with candles, pictures of my loved ones(some in heart frames) and then those "stands" with clips, that are to hold pictures, with antique valentines in them to fill in the background and give some heighth and holiday idea to it all.
Easy...cheap and colorful!
Just my idea......Julie

o

a freind ask me one day if i could use a vEry long piece of what looked like antigue hand made lace i brought it home and made several mantle scarfs. she said it was a ruffle off of a well worn faded comforter.so as i always say THINK OUTSIDE THE BOOK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here