Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jewelry display ideas

Posted by darma (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 11, 06 at 17:49

I need ideas for t2t jewelery displays I got an idea to use china but i cant find any images for a visual idea I have wine bottle and a dremel and all the diamond head bits for glass cutting and engraving. Any other material ideas would be helpful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jewelry display ideas

darma, I saw your post over at Garden Junk. First, take a deep breath, and then explain your situation some more :-) What exactly are you trying to create? Did you make T2T jewelry and you want displays to show it off? Or do you have jewelry and want to make T2T? Or both? Pictures always help, too, if possible. Just explain a bit more to us and I'm sure we can help. Hang in there!

o

If you want to make a display to show off your jewelry you could take a empty frame (large or small) and back it with screening (window or door). Pierced earrings will stay on nicely, some small hooks attached will hold your necklaces. I decoupodged the frame of mine. Mine also has a little wooden dowel that makes it stand up, although you could hang it on the wall.

o

What *is/are* T2T's??

patty_cakes

o

T2T = a fast way of typing Trash to Treasure :-)

o

Thank you, tradewind. :o)

patty_cakes

o

Take a huge garage sale picture frame.
Cut a piece of 1/4" plywood or paneling to fit the frame, and cover with batting and fabric of your choice. Get a few cabinet knobs from any good junk shop :^) and attach them along the top and another row about 10" down. Fasten the covered panelling into the picture frame. Hang necklaces from the top ones and bracelets from the next row. Earrings can be bagged or put on cardboard and pinned to the top of the frame or attached to the necklaces that they match. Pins can be "pinned" into the batting in any position.

o

Put black beans or brow rice in a tray, lay the necklaces in on top. Anything silver looks great on black beans--uncooked, of course!

Here is a link that might be useful: see my photo necklaces

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here