Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beer case hats

Posted by kessy (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 21, 06 at 17:48

Does anyone have instructions on how to make cowboy hats out of beer case cardboards? I found them on ebay but ironically the starting price went from 19.99 to 24.99 in just the past couple of days! It's getting closer to time for the big race at the end of the season so I guess they figure they can get more out of them. Anyway, I'd appreciate anyone who could help me with instructions to make them for our annual Nascar party at my brother's house! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beer case hats

You can't find directions because it's patented.

o

Go to a crochet forum and ask. I have seen them made with bear can pieces, but not with the cardboard case.
Google crocheted hats.

o

I looked at the beer hats site and think you can figure it out if you really want one. They showed the inside of the hat. Since you're making it for yourself and not selling, I don't think there is any copyrite infrigement. They how the bottom side of the hat if you look at sizing. They mention staples. I would also use clear packing tape.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beer Hats site.

o

I bought one for my son...and I have to tell you... I would have paid double... it is so very well made and the sealer they used is like a hard plastic.... he recently moved to Calgary from Nova Scotia.... where better to wear it...lol
He was enthralled by how tastfully it was made
Not what you asked...but ifelt I should make mention of it

o

hi
thanks I missed this before boy o boy back in the day I would have distributed these how cool is that sobriety has me leaning towards the "root" beer version but still a looks like a sturdy hat thanks .Rick

o

I picked one up for 30 at a BQ Festival in Owensboro. I would of paid even more the quality was amazing. Leather trim also! They have a web site www.bestbeerhats.com they are awesome!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here