Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my Trash to Treasure Christmas decoration for the front porch

Posted by kat__wa (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 15:13

I didn't do many Christmas decorations, because of all the travelling and stress with Dad. We had a beautiful 12 foot noble fir for our tree, but all we got up were the lights! But it was beautiful. And then I threw these together. It took about 15 minutes, and I didn't do it the way I wanted to, but will do a better job now that I have the time! lol Anywhoo.... these are the old oak barrel planter strappings and some stars that I purchased for dirt cheap! lol I put the three of them on the posts on our front porch. They are actually still there... (shhhh, don't tell anyone! lol) Don't look at our railings and chairs.. they need a new coat of paint.. and replacing the light! lol

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my Trash to Treasure Christmas decoration for the front porch

Those are great, Kat. I'd just take off the bows and leave them up for year round decoration. I love rusty stuff outside!

o

Very nice,never thought of saving the rings!! I'm wondering what is beside the post in 3rd pic? Is it a wooden man, looks like he has britches on??? Love the stars they are really neat!! Jan

o

thank you , you two!
LOL Sunny...(are u our sunny from the KT by any chance?)
no, not a man with pants, but a chainsaw bear. Will post a picture later. lol

i was thinking of attaching these above the garage door permanently somehow.. sans the bows though!

o

The simple things in life are BEST!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here