Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
maybe you can help?

Posted by momsgirl2 (sombra62@earthlink.net) on
Sat, Jan 22, 05 at 13:16

ok ladies and gents here is a challenge
i ;have tried to do my bedroom in victorian style.with lavender as my basic color.it worked alright wth my suite. well 2 months i was put on a hospital bed which can be raised and lower.i have apnea and fm so it helps with my breathing. the bed has metal wood grain head and foot.rails can be lowered and covered with a spread .question ?i can make it appear a hollywood type bed but what can i hang over it to add the victorian look.before i had a lavender lace curtain on the wall framing the head .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: maybe you can help?

How about covering the head and foot with padded satin (ala Hollywood) and then create a canopy from a ring haging over the bed and the satin hanging down behind the head and slightly over the sides. It wouldn't cover the bed but create a "romantic" feeling. Very Victorian!

o

Is it possible to paint the bed a lavender or white enamel? Not Hollywood, I guess, but possibly Victorian.
A wooden garden gate--or child gate, painted white and mounted on the wall. Lace and/or organza draped from it. Decorate with lavender and white silk flowers, or with a broadbrimmed straw hat trimmed with a lavender ribbon or lavender and white flowers.

Attach a tiered organza dustruffle to the top side rail so it conceals the lower ones.

Put a table of a height to conceal the footboard at the foot of the bed. Drape a white lace cloth--or just a length of lace over it, add a white ceramic pitcher, or any pitcher really, and add dried hydrangea, which will have a soft lavenderish color.

Drape the headboard and/or footboard with needle-pointy looking throws.

Hang a large mirror above the head and drape organza, lace, or tulle from it.

Ray

o

Could you make a "slipcover" for the headboard and footboard with fabric of your choice or out of a lace tablecloth or such.
Mary

o

Instead of a hospital bed for apnea...could you have raised the head of the bed with risers or with a bed wedge...that may solve your problem if it is enough of a rise for you.
good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here