Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old window

Posted by foxxy (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 11:22

I painted the letters on this old window. I think it turned out great. The picture of the window is inside the album at webshots. Please click on the picture or 'my public shoebox' to go inside my album.

Here is a link that might be useful: t2t window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old window

Cool window foxxy!!!
How did you get the lettering so nice??

o

OH, I love it, I agree,the lettering is so nice and neat:)

o

Thanks! I typed out the letters on the computer and enlarged them. I printed them and then taped the paper to the backside of the window. I then used a small brush to paint directly on the window. I used a razor blade to scrape off imperfections. It was really pretty easy.

o

Very, very nice...and what a great idea to get such perfection on the lettering! Looks wonderful! Jeanne S.

o

That is a beautiful window and everyone is right.....the lettering is perfect. I love that blue colour....what is it called?
Maddya

o
RE: old window again

Foxxy's window reminded me of this project I made for my girls for Christmas. It's an old basement screen and I cut out felt pieces (mostly wool..some regular felt) and stitched them to the screen. Turned out pretty cool. A friend and I had seen this done in a quilt shop. So I just made up a pattern from a pillow pattern that I had. Jeanne S.

Photobucket

o

Love both of those windows. I can't take credit for mine - my wonderful sister 'thought' I might like this when she saw it at GW for $3.00 and picked it up - it got a place of honor between my kitchen/dining area and my family room. I just LOVE it - it was painted with the idea of putting pictures in the clear spots but I like it plain - I want to get a couple more to go on either side.....

Lynne

Photobucket

o

Foxy, I love your window, you did a wonderful job on painting the letters.

The snowman on the screen is really cute too, Jeannespines. I've not seen that done before. Very clever.

And Lynne, what a great find. Love the flowers and butterflies painted on it too.

Luvs

o

Great job, Foxxy. Would you mind sharing what font you used? Thanks, Janet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here