SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secondhandrose2

Got an oooold trunk

secondhandrose2
19 years ago

My brother found a really old wood trunk in the trash. He knew his wife would kill him if he brought it home. He knows how much I like stuff like this, so he picked it up and brought it over, but I was not home. He put it in my backyard and forgot to call me. Five days later, he called to tell me about the trunk. It had been sitting in the rain, sleet, snow for all that time. I brought it in and put it next to the furnace so it could dry out. It is such a treasure. It has been very well used. It has been repaired several times and the lock replaced. Some of the paper liner on the inside is still intact. You can see remnants of the straps that used to go around it. I love it to pieces. I get so many compliments on it. My brother-in-law is drooling over it, and wants it bad for his "museum" room. I have it in my kitchen with a beautiful old crocheted runner on top and a hurricane candle holder on it. Will not part with it. So glad my SIL doesn't like this kind of thing, or I wouldn't have it.

Comments (9)

Sponsored