Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A trashy Christmas present

Posted by ess1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 05 at 9:38

I got this adorable dangle thing from my sister for Christmas (she didn't make it). I wonder what the top "plate" is that the old bottles dangle from ? It's kind of thick glass with a large center hole and 12 small holes around it. Can anyone tell from this picture? It looks like a fun project to copy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A trashy Christmas present

The large glass thing looks like a fresh flower frog...I have a couple that look like that. It gives me an idea, now!!

o

Hey, neat gift! Yep, looks like an old glass flower "frog" to me, too!

o

What a great idea for the old glass flower frog - now if I can just find it! I know I have one somewhere - that will be my project when I get home from work - looking for the frog! Thanks for the great idea.

o

:) I not only have a frog just like it- I still have the depression glass bowl it fits.

it's quite an effective little device for rooting cuttings of impatiens and other 'easy rooting' things.

o

I think you could use a old phone dial too.

o

ESS do you mind if I post your photo over on the Garden Junk site?

Our POTM for January is anything from glass and I love what you got. Could give some of the regulars an idea or two

Cathy

o

Cathy, feel free!

o

What an adorable idea! Love the frog! I really enjoy hanging lots of glass thing-a-ma-jigs in the windows to catch the light and create fun for those days when we cannot be outside! I know I have some of those frogs somewhere--now, let's go look!

o

It's a bobeche. It is used under the "candlestick" in a crystal chandelier. The little holes are for the crystals that hang from it. They are fairly easy to find and come in all sizes and are nearly always glass or crystal.

o

It also looks like the base of an old glass lamp. I have many old glass lamp bases and they can come apart, so this may be the base. I have one that also has the holes around edge. It is just decoration for the lamp base.

o

look what i found. any one else have dangles to share?looks time consuming to make.

o

Doesn't look very "trashy" to me - I guess that was a while ago.

It looks beautiful, now.

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here