Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you believe I cut this in half? OLD door

Posted by Lindy_B (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 03 at 23:09

This is my favorite door of all time I just remodeled my kitchen and want to get this door in from outside. so I cut in half. I think I want to hang a mirror and bulletine board behind the frame where the window used to be. Should I hang a shelf on it and some hooks too? I might add a porch post on the end to hang pots and pans from.

Image link: Would you believe I cut this in half? OLD door (33 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you believe I cut this in half? OLD door

do you have a better (clear) picture of it? It looks beautiful!

o

I'm sorry I must be slow today. You cut it in half and want to use the upper part in your kitchen? The curved arches are beautiful and a mirror would look great! Is the door finish distressed looking? (hard to tell from pic)
Ann

o

Oooohh! That had to be an act of will!! To make yourself cut it in half, that is. What a gorgeous door!

o

Wow! Great door. I have an old 9 paneled one with dentil trim from our 1900 built home and I did a stained glass-look design on the upper-window portion and now we remodeled and I don't need the door so I am trying to talk my DH into helping me add some shelves and turn it into a planting/potting stand, but he is balking...lol. Ain't creativity grand?

Diana

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here