Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture of my curbside table makeover...

Posted by LorettaF (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 14, 03 at 0:50

Last spring when Pittsburgh has it's big trash day, DH was working up there. He said there was lots of stuff that he would have liked to have picked up if he had had the space to put it. But this one thing that he did pick up. A nightstand. It was originally dark wood with some scratches in the finish. Basically, a well-built table with dovetail corners and solid wood. Since his beside table is one I made over and painted white (pictures will be in another post), I decided to paint this one, too. I then antiqued/distressed the edges and then decoupaged it with some cutouts from a calendar that was given to me. The picture on the bottom drawer is of a victorian birdhouse. The top drawer just has some flowers on it. After all was said and done, I covered it with polyurethane to keep it looking nice and make it easy to clean.

Image link: Picture of my curbside table makeover... (45 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture of my curbside table makeover...

Very nice.

Q

o

When is this event "Pittsburgh big trash day?" I have a daughter there.

o

It seems to me that it was either in March or April. DH just stumbled upon it because he happened to be up there working at the time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here