Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete Horses

Posted by Jill_NC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 03 at 19:30

This was my DH's find at the dump today...a pair of solid concrete horses. They stand about 2' tall. One has damage to the back legs, and the other has peeling paint.

Image link: Concrete Horses (42 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete Horses

Why, mosaic, of course. There's a picture somewhere on the net of a mosaic horse, but I can't locate it again.

They need a bit of sandblasting or something to get most of the peeling paint off, then you could just have a ball working out mosaic patterns ALLLLL over their horsey little bodies.

o

Me, I am into making carousal horses. They would be perfect for that. Just paint with bright colors, and they would be beautiful... especially to a little girl...

o

I happen to like them just the way they are! Nice sitting out in a garden keeping the ivy & flowers company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here