Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old keys

Posted by gakernil (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 11:07

anyone have good ideas for using old keys? like the recycling idea and think keys would be fun.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old keys

I made a "wind chime" for the garden.

o

I've also seen SANTA KEYES with a little poem

o

I've seen boxes and chests mosaiced entirely with them, or you could use them in mixed media mosaics. It's not even necessary to grout the item, just glue them on w/a strong glue that drys clear.

o

Mount them in a pleasing pattern and hang on the wall. Or mount them in a frame. Next to the front door would be my first choice. You can get several different size frames with glass at Michaels, choose a background fabric to complement you decor, mount the keys, and there you are, homemade art. Good luck, let us know what you do.

o

I've always wanted to trim a Christmas tree with them, tie them on with colored ribbons....

o

I've also seen them framed with decorative knobs and plates. I have some really big old rusty ones from a Mexican jail. I just put them on a big ring and hung them from a knob on my shelf. If you have new ones that you want to make look rusty (I like the look), someone just posted how to rust things over on Gardenjunk forum. :) ~Anj

o

Picked up my daughter and her friends from college last night and one of the girls was wearing an old key on a chain around her neck.....said it was the fad in Southern California.

Interesting but I would bend over and hurt myself with that key.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here