Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Hoosier Given it's youth back!!!

Posted by goldenpond (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 12:35

I usually just visit this spot on occasion, spending more time in garden junk and Florida forums but it is interesting and thought I would share this.I was at a garage sale long ago well,actually the house was full of crap. But out on the porch I came upon an old hoosier missing a drawer. I asked the price and they said twenty bucks. My DH immediately began loading it on the truck while I continued to search the rubble for any more treasures.Lo and behold in the kitchen was some old stainless in guess what ? A drawer.THE drawer to the Hoosier so I paid a buck for the drawer!
I have painted it several times.It has served my family well we usually had a microwave or toaster oven where the roll down was. I put contact paper inside the flour bin and keep snax in it. My kids and now grandkids enjoy pulling it down and seeing what goodies it holds. I recently gave it a very fresh Florida look and put it in my large pantry to resume its duties bringing smiles to kids.
the boys 002
Its really is not as bright as the photo actually has an antiquey look
the boys 003
Now if they are looking for something I can say the green drawer or the yellow.
the boys 004

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here