Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recent trash to treasures pics

Posted by penny1947 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 03 at 5:40

Here is my most recent trash to treasure. It is a shelf that I made out of the sides and back of an old kitchen drawer. The bottles on top are actually scraps of a wallpaper border cut out and stuck on the wall at the back of the shelf the basket is real as are the old jelly jars. I have since added a pewter plate behind the basket and some faux grapes in the foreground.
Penny

Image link: recent trash to treasures pics (13 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recent trash to treasures pics

Penny, this is a great idea! I always envy the folks who can do trompe l'oeil painting. Never thought about using wall paper for my 'trom-play' but yours is wonderful!

Nellie

o

I love the illusion of the wine bottles! Very nice job!

o

Very pretty Penny! It is amazing what we can do with scraps of wall paper! Good job!

o

That is really cool. I would never have thought of that.

Carol

o

Thank you ladies,
It was really a fun and funky piece to do.
Penny

o

penny,love it...great idea,where did you find the wallpaper?
i'm doing my kitchen in wine bottles and grapes...would love to find some wallpaper like that... :)

o

Hey jodifay!

From one Louisiana girl to another, I found the border print at Home Depot and cut out the pieces that I wanted to use. I beieve that it is still available.

Penny

o

I am trying to do my kitchen in the wine, grapes, and wine bottle theme but am having a hard time finding things in this area
Yours looks great

o

Charinky and Jodifay, don't know if you are into decorative painting or not, but the August 2006 issue of Painting magazine had lots of wine bottles, grapes, etc. in case you want to check it out for ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here