Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It was an old blue and green floral chair

Posted by perky14u (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 13:30

In 1970s dark pine wood. The ottoman was a beginner's attempt at shabby chic, old and stained, but you could tell it hadn't turned out very well when it was first done. So I hauled them home from a thrift store.

New chair cushions set me back about $60. The chair, the ottoman, the fabric, thread, paint and a paint brush, another $75.

So I have about $135 in the chair and ottoman, but I did think they turned out well.

Here is a link that might be useful: chair and ottoman I upholstered

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It was an old blue and green floral chair

Nice job perky!

chair and ottoman I upholstered

o

Didn't know you got the chair from thrift shop! you posted it on GJ & I commented on it. It looks great & I went through your album & love your antiques & way you display them. The hanging lamp is really nice & the screendoor-pantry door is so cute & what a neat idea to use faucet handle as the knob!!I love it when people "bring back the past"(maybe I just rather live in it! LOL) No, I appreciate the fine quality of things from the past, made to last not throw away junk like now!! Jan

o

That is really pretty. A lot of work.

o

Good job! I used that same fabric you used for your ottoman skirt, for my lumbar pillows on my wingback chairs.
Floor lamp with fruit bowl shade

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here