Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steamer Trunk

Hi Pam,
It looks GREAT :-)
Gill

o

beautiful trunk!!! i love those old trunks. i have my grandmother's round top trunk and a flat topped one. also my mom's blue metal trunk. what to do with them.

o

I have my dads old trunk - got a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the top, use it as a side table.

o

I have one too, I love it! I use it in my livingroom to
set plants and pictures and a candle on. It holds my blankets and bedding for my spare room.

Haziemoon

o

Never met a trunk, chest or box I didn't like. Yours is a very pretty one and a wonderful color.

o

I am kicking myself right where it hurts on a steamer truck I got rid of. I had found it just around the corner one night and brought it home. I put it in the basement and could smell the musty odor from it and finally said, it's not worth trying to fix up so I threw it in the trash. That whole morning long I thought about that beautiful curved top truck and thought, "you idiot, you could have put it outside covered up to protect from the elements and then in the spring using top soil in it to display outside as a planter." I hurried home at lunchtime and sure enough the trashmen had already come. I have another I found and will definitely do that with it, but the top is flat. Next time I will know better.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here