Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Folding Screen

Posted by Pamelad1 (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 04 at 14:31

Here it is. Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,
Pam

Image link: Folding Screen (49 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Folding Screen

I have that same exact one, just moved and now I have some space for it. The spaces are so large for pictures of family faces. One thought I had was to use the front an back if that possible. Maybe one side could have just fabric in the spaces or a collection of lace and the other side some of the kids art work. I started to put some nice nature print in them from an old book but my style has changed. Also thought about press flowers. I paid 25$ for mine. How about you?

o

Glue some parchment paper on to get a privacy screen that lets light through...

Li

o

Or if you don't want to do parchment, you could use any pretty japanese rice paper.. With colors that matches your decor...

o

VINTAGE HANKIES? YOU CAN BUY THEM IN LOTS RESONABLY CHEAP ON EBAY, STAPLE THEM TO THE BACK OR USE VELCRO

o

Where were you planning on using it? You could put cork squares, magnetic backed stuff, photos, etc. I like the parchment paper idea, or even voile, a lightweight fabric perfect for sheers, etc. Rice paper is also cool. Or cover the holes with a large padded panel that's covered in fabric.

Just thinking out loud!

o

How about patchwork panels? depends really where it is going to be.Old linen with lace on it, or embriodery would look great too.
Hope this helps :-)
Gill

o

also you could cut some of the slats out and give it a whole different look with paint (distressed) or hang a shawl over it or a dried flower bouquet with ribbon. Nice find.

o

You could back it with chicken wire or if you wanted to use it for photos you can put mats in so the pictures don't have to be so big, if it's solid wood you can put the chicken wire and then use moss and soil and plant differnt small sedums or hens and chicks in it.

Nancy

o

I saw one of these today. They used victorian style prints and it was nice. Crocheted and/or tatted doilies come to mind too. I already have a carved screen stashed in my garage. Of course if I could find one like yours, reasonably priced, I'd figure out something!

Wings the Lurker

o

Oh I have a few thoughts in mind. Put chicken wire on the back side stapled. Hang a grape vine across the top and the sides half way down. Then on the wire hang your large
silver cooking spoons, laddels, etc for display. Or even
display copper items. I think also painting it white and
sponging another color over that and mounting old quilts
pieces would look great for another idea.
side

o

My Goodness...where did you find this old post...I see Yellow replied on it....Haven't seen her post in eons.

I'm redoing an old screen right now myself. An old oak one and I'm going to line the panels (they are not little squares but the whole length) with a sheer rusty red color if I can find it. and trim it in tassels.

patti

o

Take apart or leave together and hang from kitchen ceiling and use as a pot rack, or herb drying rack. I like the quilt rack idea also... Find some cool metal holders and attach to hold magazine or books, patterns or....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here