Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie needs suggestions

Posted by savingsfanatic (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 04 at 19:32

Hi! I'v been a lurker at this board fo awhile enjoying all of your posts! Now I would love some of your expert and imaginative advice or suggestions.
I am in the process of cleaning out a barn we inherited from my husbands grandfather about 5 years ago and although most of the stuff is rusty junk, there are some items I find interesting.
I brought this item home today because I liked it (Hubby is less than thrilled) but I don't know what to do with it. There are several more in the barn so I'm looking for some great suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Image link: Newbie needs suggestions (52 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie needs suggestions

Depending on the look you like, you could keep the rusted look or paint it....black would look cool and then use it in your garden for a birdbath, feeder or hold a plant! A series of three in a row (since you have more) would look really stunning!
ann

o

Can you give us an idea of the size?
Thx! Sheri

o

Lots of people love rusty junk! Do not throw it out! Many welders/artists make all kind of things out of it! you might make $$$ out of it! Keep what you want and sell the rest.

o

I beleive what you have are watering cups for cows, when they were put in their stantions in the cow barn. This usually happened when they were to be milked. Sometimes during bad weather the cows were also put in the barn. I believe the cups are probably antiques. I would check into this before you sell them or paint them as that would probably affect the value. Ruth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here