Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan!!!

Posted by whimzyme (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 9:25

Last summer my husband and I hit the motherlode at a school auction....shelves, storage chests, tables...we even scored a drafting table and a card catelog. Anyway, the first project is finally done. We turned an ugly brown storage cabinet into an armoire for our bedroom. Here are some before and after photos.

Image link: Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan!!! (47 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan!!!

Beautiful...you did a great job!

o

CONGRATULATIONS A PROJECT WELL WORTH THE TIME & EFFORT.

more pic's please as u finish more items of the "mother load".

Vangy plays in the dirt year round.

o

That is beautiful! What a great job! I'm liking the little bits I can see of your room too.

o

Really Really Nice
You most certainly did a great job
I really like your color choices and your style of decorating

o

Wow!!! That looks wonderful!
What a great eye for design..love the inside too!wow!

Haziemoon

o

OHMYGOODNESS - that's beautiful. You really took time and effort on that beauty. Great job.

o

Very inspirational!!! Another one saved from the landfill, and anyone would be proud to have it!

o

WOW! great job!

o

Oh, another great inspiration. I just can't believe how people can see all these wonderful things in an old piece. I'm learning though.......*smile*

o

WOW - and that's NO exaggeration!

o
RE: Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan!!! Link

I hope you don't mind, whimzyme...but I linked this thread to the HGTV T2T mesage board!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: HGTV T2T MB

o

njtomboy, I don't mind you linking my thread to HGTV...actually, I was thrilled to have it on the HGTV message board. I was disappointed though that I couldn't find it. I hadn't looked at this thread for quite some time so it was in June that you linked it...I'm not sure how long threads stay active on their message board. Do you know if there is an archive maybe. I haven't really used their board before. I would like to see if there were any responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here