Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Share pics of your holiday painted items

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Now that everyone has their decorations out for Christmas, I thought it might be fun if we shared some of our painted decorations.

I imagine most of you have seen mine as I've made them, but I'll try to snap some pics so you can see them in place with my other Christmas decorations.

Here's a pic or two to start, I'll be back with more later.

Luvs

Comments (30)

• cathy8091
    14 years ago

Very cute and adorable. I did a big snowman with a solar light, matter of fact three of them. One for each of my girls and one for me.
    I also did a grandma gingerbread with her grandchildren as cookies. I will show pics later.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs...........I forgot! I was here several days ago but was in such a hurry to get to the discussions side I forgot to leave feedback.

It is always a joy to see your work because they are all so happy! It is a special gift to be able to make people smile and you have that gift.

Thank you for my smile!

Belle

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice Luvs!! I'm going to forget how to paint if I don't get back to it just start to get comfortable with the brush & then can't get to it for awhile. There are some half finished garden pots in craft room. Too many crafts too little time!! Post some more, I enjoy your work!! Jan

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I tried to load some more pics in Photobucket yesterday and it gave me an "error on page" both times I tried. I'll have to try it again so I can share a few more pics.

Jan, when you finish with all the Christmas goings on, maybe you can grab that brush and finish up those pots so you can share them with us here. I have so many projects that I want to do, but seem to procrastinate or get side tracked way too much!

Belle, I'm glad you like the happy little faces too. I really admire those who can paint so realistic, but I'm not that talented--just so glad I can do my cutesy little items that make me smile. I get lots of compliments from friends/neighbors/relatives who visit, and like you, I give lots of them away as gifts.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    It's so fun to come here tonight and see some neat painted projects. Where's your shutter? Did you put it out this year?

I'll try to post a few from last year and see if photobucket works for me. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, glad you are back! Hope you're going to tell us all about your trip over on conversations. I love all your cute little snowmen and gingers--such sweet faces and so happy looking.

I've got a few more to share. These were not painted this year, just things I'm using as part of my decor this year. Not sure why my camera is not giving me nice sharp pics all of a sudden, please bear with me, I'm not very tech savy. I'll have to have DH play with a bit to see if he can figure it out for me.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    What neat displays you've made with your painted Snowmen and Santas. I love the way the santas are looking in the top picture. It makes one want to go see what they see.haha

Your snowman in the second picture is so neat and I love the way you set your spring snowman and other snowman with it. What's beside it on the right? Looks like a neat pottery piece. And the Jingle Thyme santa and snowman in the last picture is pretty cool too.

I was able to download some of my pictures from Photobucket last night and I put most in albums. I wasn't finished but it wouldn't let me move any more and I needed to go to bed.

Keep posting and I'll head over to discussions and yak some. TFS Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad you enjoyed seeing them Punk, I'll have to take another picture of the whole display. I have sort of a set out window in the living room and it's a perfect place to display them. The santas are in the family room on the shelf above the television.

Glad you are back, I'll head over to conversations to read about your trip. ;o)

Luvs

• lillyjane
    14 years ago

I love them ") snowmen are my favorite, your gals really have some neat stuff. I am so far behind i still have fall on my porch LOL it is a good thing we have no neighbors !!
    the snow drifter , the sugar & spice & oh those stockings ") sooo cute! ")
    some times I go by lilly (my garden web name) I'll use it here so I don't butt in on Jan ") will that work?
    lilly ")

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs and Punk..........I am so glad I started my day here...your paintings warm my heart! And I really see that I need to not only paint for others but keep some for myself, something I have not done before this year. Every one is so beautiful and so different and so beautiful and so clever and did I say beautiful? Thank You for sharing!!!!! I AM PAINTING TODAY!!!!!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lilly or Jane, either one is fine, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us, and I hope you will stay and share your projects and ideas with us. When you have time, tell us a little bit about yourself too!

Belle, you are so sweet! Yes, you need to paint some things to keep for yourself too. Sometimes I will paint two or three of the same design so I can keep one and have some for gifts. I don't know what happened this year, I had so many Christmas patterns laid out to work on, and just couldn't get going on them. Hopefully, I will do better in the New Year. :o(

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments, ladies.

Lily, so glad your here to join the fun. Do you paint? We love to have new ones here.

Belle, your a doll and need to save some of your projects for yourself. I never keep as much as I should but I had these pictures from last year in Photobucket.

I thought that I would get alot more painted but then took off to Vegas and now I don't have any time to paint. With year end coming I don't think you will see anything new from me until after the New Year too.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

I am sharing these and as you can see they are not only my painted decorations but some of my favorites.

The small snowman as done by my daughter and her first attempt at painting and the silly woman says "painting isn't my thing" OHHHHHHHH! She did a great job on the shading!

These were done in my first year or two and a challenge.....I like details!

This is of my two "loves" painting and Pez

{{!gwi}}

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

How neat Belle, so glad you shared these pics with us. I always intended to paint one of those round santas but never got it done. Cute display of your ornie tags and your pez containers. I see you are a snowman lover like me--don't they just make you smile?

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,
    So glad you came and joined the party! Love looking at your paintings from long ago to the latest. You've come a long way BABY!!! Which snowman did DD paint?

I painted some like yours on the left side with the sign that says "Have a Merry Christmas." I think I painted everyone in the book and sold oodles of them at $10 each. I think the only one left is the one for Valentines Day at DD home.

My DD loves to scrapbook and has never attempted painting. She does beautiful pages and is so creative and would love to own a scrapbooking store.

However she always wants painted things to give at Christmas and has alot of my creations hanging in her homes.

I had to chuckle to myself when seeing your snow globes. Reminded me of last weekend when we were in Shopko and she made me take her over to all the shops so she could really observe them. She just kept repeating how she really liked them and her voice would go up and down as she would see something new. Twas alot of fun, for sure.

I have never painted any blocks and yet I like them for every occasion. What's wrong with me? So cute, I have always liked them and yet never painted any.

I sure enjoyed seeing yours and Luvs crafts displayed and TFS. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I snapped a few more pics of my painted decorations so I could share them with you. Won't be long until they get packed away for another year.

I snapped a few shots of some wooden ornaments I've painted as well as a few of the ceramic ones that I painted several years ago. The other pics are a couple of shelves on my bookcases where I've displayed a couple of my painted trays.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs.....I love your tray and the snowman with ice cream cones and the "lost and found" and all the ornies! The doggie and the ginger bread girl and all the rest. So many different styles. They are so much fun to look at! How I wish I had kept some of mine and could look back and remember.....I will change that!

Punk..My DD make the one with the blue vest. They stayed in our 5th wheel after moving here from NJ - until they found their home. So...as I worked at my day job each day, she worked in and secretly made everyone's gifts that year. The greatest gift she gave me other than my DGS was moving out here!

As to the blocks, each line of words are actually one piece of wood that DH just cut lines in with a the table saw. Works so well! There was a heart in there somewhere but it got lost in the shuffle.

I also did loads of things from that book about Bazaars..and they sold very well.

Luvs....thanks for the happy face you gave me with all of your pictures!

Loads of prep today! Merry Christmas Ya'All!

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

Luvs, thanks so much for posting more pictures. I think your trays are darling on your bookshelf. I didn't remember the first one but it's great and the little santas beside it are pretty cute. The naughty and nice looks good with the tray and santas. You always display so nice.

The second tray is a cutie along with your little bunnies. Wonderful how just a ribbon can make something festive. I really like your ceramic vase and little snowman with his nose in the air.

Thanks for showing all your Christmas ornaments. I will try to take a few pictures and post before taking mine down.

Belle, thanks for letting us know for sure what snowman DD painted. She did an excellent job painting and I can't believe she's not hooked! You might intimidate her with your painting skills, sad but true sometimes.

Punk

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Luvs,Punk and everyone else that posted pictures.All your pictures are GREAT!! I havn't been over here for quite awhile,and it looks like i'll only be coming here to see what you all do.I think my painting days are over,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.This bout with BC last year has left me with problems with my right arm/hand and i'm right handed.It's hurting like He** just to type this.But i wanted to let you know i can still enjoy what you all do.TFS and Happy New Year,and Happy Painting.
    Kathi

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathi, I'm so glad to hear from you. We've not heard from you for a long time. I'm so sorry to hear you've had to have more surgery, and especially that it has caused problems with your right hand--I know how you love to paint and do cross stitch. I pray that they have taken care of everything now, and that with time, you will regain full use of your hand without the pain. God bless you. Hugs, Luvs

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Thanks Luvs,i also hope that in time it gets better,right now i can't even read my own handwriting.LOL

I've got lots of things to do and really want to get to them.Flower beds that need weeding and cutting back.Cross stitch and sewing projects that need to be finished up.Don't have anyUFO'S in the painting dept,but have lots i'd like to get to.Reading and TV is getting boring~~~~~~~~~but it's better than the alternative.
    Take care
    Kathi

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Kathi, so glad you came over to visit and so sorry to hear about your BC. So much for the Golden Years for you right now. I too will pray that you'll be able to paint, take care of those beds and everything else you want to do soon.

I went to your page to see where you are from cuz I live in MT and our ground is fozen solid so theres no yard work going on here beside plowing snow.LOL I love gardening and would love to learn to quilt. I'd love to see some of yours if you have any pictures.

Thanks for letting us know your looking. Punk

• charinky
    14 years ago

Christmas may be over with, but I have so enjoyed looking at all of these painted ornaments.
    You ladies are so blessed and talented to be able to do this.
    I just love the look of a homemade handmade tree.
    Your holiday displays are so cute

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Charinky,

Thank You! Painting is much more fun when we share it!

I love all of the seasons but Christmas is so cheery and bright and if I go real wild with colors, who cares? It's Christmas. This year was really special so I put up more decorations than normal and didn't want to take them down, the were fun and far to often that is lacking in our lives.

Please come back and share again. Do you paint? Don't forget to check out the conversations side.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Charinky, so sweet of you to leave us such a nice post. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing some of the painted decorations we have all made. I always find that hand painted things make me feel happy---and I am often just blown away by the talent and diversity of the painters on this little forum. They motivate me to want to do more and better painting!

It would be so great if we could get more painters to join us on here. It's hard to keep it active and fun when none of us paint with any regularity--especially me! LOL

Come back and look all you want, there's a whole Gallery section of projects too. And please post your comments or ideas anytime, we will enjoy hearing from you.

Luvs

• charinky
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say No I am not a painter, but that would be a dream come true.
    Especially after seeing all the beautiful things you all make.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Charinky, So good to have you here commenting on our posts.

VBS, I recognized your santa right away. I painted that same one on a tray last year. Your ornaments with the gold trim turned out great. I will try to help you post a picture instead of the link.

Once you have loaded your pictures in photobucket, click the box below picture and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Generate HTML and IMG Code. Hightlight the second one and it will copy your picture and then you can come back to this forum and post on your message.

If this doesn't help reread how to post or ask for more help.

Does my Santa look like yours?

This is going to be so fun to have more here posting with us. TFS Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vbs, I was able to see your pics by doing copy/paste. You need to use the img or html code instead of the jpg, then it will show up here on your post.

Love your ornaments. How did you cover the holes in the cd's? The lady in red is my favorite. ;o) Nice to have you here posting pics with us.

Luvs