Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wasamkins

Would like to know where I can find some free patterns?

wasamkins
17 years ago

Hello everyone.

I am brand new to this forum. I have been Tole painting for a couple months now. I am new to the whole thing but I sure love it. I take a class on Mondays and I enjoy it alot. As well as I paint at home. I am looking for some websites that offer free projects. I would love to buy some books but they are a bit on the spendy side. I have been looking at the gallery and you all are very talented, I come from a family of tole painters so hopefully one day I will be as good as them and as you all are on here from what I have seen. So any help would be appreciated.

I am also looking for some good places to buy Unfinished wood crafts/kits?

Thanks a bunch.

wasamkins

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Welcome Wasamkins. This is a good group to join for encouragement and motivation. We have a wide range of styles too. There are some posts on this site listing lots of free pattern sites. Let me look for them and I will bump them back up to the top so you can find them easily. We will look forward tp seeing your projects. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey wasamkins and welcome! Glad to add you to our little group. If you haven't figured it out there are 3 areas to this forum...this is the Discussion side and if you go back out to where all the messages are posted and look at the top you will see Gallery and Conversations too. The gallery has lots of pics.
    I see that luvs bumped up the freebie sites for you. You'll find lots of fun patterns to try. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. You are going to get so much enjoyment from painting and we are glad to have you with us! ~Anj

• diarich
    17 years ago

Welcome! I saw some wood cutouts on eBay pretty reasonable. I have my own saw don't buy from outside sources so sorry I can' help with that.
    Diana

• nonacook
    17 years ago

DecoArt has projects on their pages.
    Google for them

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Have you tried www.artistsclub.com? They have free patterns also. I know you are going to enjoy the painting, I can't imagine life without a paint brush. I told my husband to make sure to throw in my favorite brushes and a few basic bottles of paint when I die just in case I need them in heaven LOL. I actually carry a few in my purse!! When I had a break (before I retired) at work, I would paint small projects, sometimes forgetting I had stuck my paint brush behind my ear. Boy, it sure surprised a few of my customers. Thank goodness, I did clean them before putting them there. It may sound like I am a new painter but I have been doing this for more more than 20 years and I am still as excited about it as when I first started.

• blueiis
    17 years ago

Good to meet you Wasamkins, the people on here are very friendly and helpful. Many have been painting for years and are excellent.

Blue

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I just printed out a couple of the patterns from Artists club. Two by Mary Jo Tuttle and one by Sandra Malone. Artists Club is a really great place. Love how they show you a few pages of the books. I've ordered a couple of times from them--just hate having to pay shipping charges.

Wasamkins, have you found any patterns you liked? What style do you prefer? Hope you will keep coming by and chat and share pics with us.

Luvs

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Hi Wasamkins, Welcome to the forum. I'm not the greatest painter compared to some on this forum but I do have fun with it. It gives me peace and relaxation. I'd like to contribute to the sites for free project by giving you this site "quickandeasypainting.com" They are a monthly mag in the stores and always have a different monthly free pattern. Have fun painting and please post some pics of your projects when done. As for buying painting books, do you have a Michael's or Joann's craft stores near you? Michael's has coupons in the Sunday newspaper here and at Joann's you can sign up for their bi-weekly flyer and get 40% off coupons so a $10 painting book is only $6, good deal. You can use the coupons for paint and other supplies too. As for other freebie painting sites or even wood cutouts, just type that in your web browser line and I'm sure you'll come up with a ton of sites to look at.

Again, welcome to the forum, sure glad you joined.

Sal

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company