Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Another snowman

paintingfool
17 years ago

I apologize for the shine on the pieces, I scanned them and the varnish I use is very shiny.{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

You sure are in the spirit girl! Good job!

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

OMG,that is soooooooooo cute!! I absolutely LOVE it.
    TFS
    Kath

• blueiis
    17 years ago

I love them, really awesome job!

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Another excellent piece of art. Glenda, do you sell your creations cause if you don't you sure would do well at it.

Sal

• jlily
    17 years ago

Beautifully done!! You've got the Christmas spirit now. Jlily

• gram_NH
    17 years ago

Boy, you sure can do those faces! You just want to reach in and pinch those cheeks!

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Crafty Lady, I don't know who Glenda is but from my experience it is difficult to make any money on my painted pieces. Even though I put a lot of time and effort in each piece, they are always finished both front and back (I usually paint snowflakes or stars on the back) and I varnish every piece. But I can't compete with the stores and the products from China. So, I take special orders and sometimes I put my pieces in an art consignment shop but I know I have to keep the price low - around $4-$6. This particular piece was from a picture I saw on the internet, I just drew it smaller and added my own take to it. Thank you all for the compliments.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

What a happy pair! Again great job on Santa's beard. I've got to get one of those brushes. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Absolutely love the light, airy way you do those beards-just looks like you had fun doing them. And the blending on those cheeks--just awesome painting!

Nowadays, many don't bother with the back of a piece--you're lucky if they even put a coat of paint on it! When the cutout shapes were so popular, I used to try to extend the design to the back--even if no pattern for it--because I sometimes wanted to use them on my table as part of a centerpiece.

Your work is so detailed--really more like fine art than craft painting--but you are probably right--non-painters might not appreciate the time or talent that went into painting the project. So who taught those Chinese to paint anyway???? Just joking, of course. Luvs

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert