Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annielu_gw

more winter windows and a treasure box

annielu
16 years ago

Hi all,

I've had the blahs and just want the holidays to be over.

So today I painted all day, and here's what I came up with. I had to paint 3 of the snowman windows for orders.

Comments (9)

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

I know what you mean - my children (adults) said they really couldn't think of anything they needed or really wanted this year so I didn't get a list from them. I hate shopping - unless it is in the hardware store or craft store - and I can't just go out and look without that list so I am making my own.

Your windows are darling. You are such a good painter!! I think my favorite is the first one. I have a window I want to paint and I will - when I get around to it. It seems Christmas just sneaked up on me and I am just now painting ornaments for my DIL for her teachers at school.
    So I am off to paint again.

Love the windows!!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

annielu... I just love them all. Hope they helped you get rid of the blah humbugs. ha I've been too caught up in the Christmas rush to feel anything. Christmas sneaked up on me this year. I'm glad some of you are having some time to paint. The kids are off for a few weeks so I'm hoping I can sneak in a little paint time for myself next week to get to do all the little projects I didn't get to work on before Christmas. Ya'll may be seeing Santas from me until March. ha
    Anyway, great job on the windows and the box. I don't know how you can stand to part with them. ha I'd want to keep them all. Good business you are doing though. Hope you feel better and there is nothing going on to make you sad for the holidays. Take care! ~Anj

• sweets98
    16 years ago

Ah...I recognize the last one from Prim Mart! :)

I love your windows. I want to try painting on a couple I have around here but I don't know where I'm going to put them! LOL The other day I thought about doing a pip berry wreath or something on one and hanging it in my bedroom instead of this one picture we've had for years, so I may try that when things slow down.

Do you paint on the back of the window so that the painting is backwards or on top and seal? It looks like the later from the glare on the window but I can't be sure.

Wonderful work. I hope your mood turns around for the holidays. I know what you're saying, though. I'm getting that "blah" feeling. I think I'm just worn out and I have so many bah hum buggy family members that just brought me down with them. Why can't people enjoy Christmas and just stop complaining for a change, anyway?

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! I have a 6 paned one that I want to paint and hang in my kitchen. I paint on the front in acrylics, and seal it with acrylic sealer when I'm done. I love the old stuff, but hubby's not into prim so much. So I'm going slowly with this stuff and get him used to it.
    This has been a tough year for me. I lost my daddy in March, so this Christmas will be our first without Dad and PapPap(as my kids called him). Just been really hard!!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Annielu, these turned out so cute. The first one is my absolute favorite--just love him with all the cute animals.

Try to concentrate on the happy memories, and know that your Dad would not want you to be sad. I lost mine on New Year's Eve many years ago so sort of understand how you feel.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Annielu~ So sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Hope you can find a happy way to remember your dad this Christmas. Try to concentrate on making some happy memories with your kids this year to help them get over missing him too. I know ya'll can pull thru this holiday together. Luvs is right, he is watching over you and he wouldn't want ya'll to be sad. ((hugs)) ~Anj

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Annielu, I'm so sorry to read about your losing your dad. I hope by now you're enjoying Christmas and taking joy in watching your kids. I've lost both my parents and if there's anything that teaches us it's how short our own time here is, and how we need to make good use of it. Healing hugs to you.

Your windows are adorable! I love what you did.

Please, where do you all find these windows? I want to find one to do some Gallery Glass for my huge transom window above the door. Thanks!

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

+

Thanks all!! oceanna~~~watch for barn sales and yard sales~~~that's where I found mine!!!

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Thanks Annielu, I'll watch for them. You'd think a big area like Seattle would have salvage yards, wouldn't you? But I can't find any here. I want to do a Gallery Glass piece on one and hang it in the transom window above my front door. There's no way I'm going to stand on a ladder up there to do all the hours of work it would take. I'd much rather sit at the dining room table. Besides, making it separately means it's portable.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living