Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two New Snowmen

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 18:01

Just finished these....These were fun but JMP uses different strokes, but I used what I was comfortable with and some of her ideas. I also dropped all of the "items" she included in hers, although I might go back and put in a birdhouse or tree or whatever. But to me her patterns are just two busy but so very cute.

Only four more to go before Christmas.

Belle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two New Snowmen

Belle, Your snowmen are the cutest! You are such a good painter and your shading is top notch.

Marylee

o

Belle, these snowmen are adorable. As you know JMP is one of my favorite artists. She does put alot of detail in her paintings and I love them. These look fantastic the way you painted them.

I can hardly wait to see all of your painting done and in their frame.

Punk

o

You've been very busy. The snowmen are adorable!

o

Great snowmen Belle!

o

Belle, they are both just adorable and you did such a nice painting job on them. I like that you left off some of the extras. I think her designs are cute too, but must admit it makes me tired thinking about doing all those little detail things. I'll keep your trick in mind for the next time I see one of her designs I really like but need to simplify. Same with some of Karen Wisner's designs, cute but too much for me!

Luvs

o

These are adorable Belle! Love the fringe on both pieces. I have to ask though, who is JMP? I'm not familiar with the artist.

o

Busy lady!! These are sooo cute. Love their faces. You did JMP proud I am sure.
B

o

Thanks Everyone....these are fun and that's what painting is all about!

The fringe was so easy, for my birds adventure I purchased a Filbert rake and used it and it puts down 5 lines at a time.

Hands.....that's Jamie Mills-Price, I have enclosed a link to her site. My patterns are from Christmas Between the Vines Vol. 2

I put the two finished boards into the frame and they look so good! I now know what color my living room is going to be, right after Christmas. I love the Fawn color.

Off to finish the remaining 4 ....

Belle

http://www.betweenthevines.com/

o

Belle - thanks for the artist's name. I have seen, and really like, the Between the Vines books - although I haven't purchased any yet and wasn't aware of the artist's name. Fawn is a good color choice for your living room. We painted ours just before Thanksgiving - Walnut Wash by Frazee. It's in the tan family - although a bit darker than Fawn. At first I thought I had gone too dark and wasn't very happy with it but after a week or so I realized the room feels so warm and cozy now. Plus, it's a great neutral background for so many other colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here