Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Did I choose the right wording for this project?

phonegirl
15 years ago

One of my friends lost her only daughter to cancer a few days before Christmas. She had lost her only son and husband years ago. She called yesterday and ask if I would stop by and read a poem she had received. I wanted to take her something so I painted her a little snowy. Does the wording seem appropreiate for where she's at in her life? I believe she is a very strong person and has so much to offer others that she will take this positively. Please let me know what you think.

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a lovely project, I'm sure she will really appreciate it. It is so hard to know the right thing to do or say under such sad circumstances. What a difficult thing for her to have lost her husband, son and daughter! I'm not sure I could endure so much. Thank goodness she has good friends like you to help her overcome some of the sadness. Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Luvs. I ask because I'm so close that I wanted someone from the outside to tell me if it seems right. I will try to take it to her on Wed. night. New Years Eve huh?

I have clients the next two nights after work and then another 4 day weekend. woo hoo Should be taking care of year end but we'll see.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

That is so sad. I think it will be a nice gift for her and will let her know you care. I think the words work just fine.

Again...love the dark background!

~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

The words are nice but the thought is what is most important. The fact that you "care" enough to take the time to paint and then visit with her is the most important part of all. You are a good friend!

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all of you for the support with this project. I took this plaque to Edith today and she loved it. She told me that when she was younger, her and two of her best friends were in a Christmas program at church and these were the 3 words they represented. She just beamed when she was telling me about it and I could tell it made her day. She was Love.

I had such a great day with friends and family and didn't do anything else. Even took my sis out for dinner this evening. We have so much to be thankful for.

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Hi, Phonegirl

The painting is darling and your words were obviously perfect. I think it was lovely of you to paint something she can keep instead of taking the usual plate of cookies. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Colorcrazy, I think we should shorten your name to CC. What do you think? Do you paint or craft? We'd love to see your projects.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I hadn't thought of the fact that it is a keepsake over like you say, plate of cookies until reading this tonight. Belle's comment was also nice. Sometimes we need to hear nice things from others to stay focused.

For the last several years my DD and I have always made artifucal arrangements for funerals. We personalize them and have always had such nice compliments from families. We have had a few occasions where several want our arrangement and they come to us and ask who should get it. That's not good but most of the time it's been rewarding.

I'll have to tell you a cute story. I lost a friend and we had made an arrangement for the service. I seen her husband a couple of months later and he said he had placed our arrangement in front of the big window facing their pond and had been watering it faithfully when another friend came by he was showing her how it still looked the same. She had to tell him it would never change and he best quit watering it or he might ruin it. He said they laughed so hard. He was laughing so much it was hard for him to tell me this story. So that was great.

Thanks again for the nice comment and if you'd like to see more projects you can visit the gallery on this forum. Punk

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia