Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Panicked yet??

anjabee
17 years ago

As if I didn't have enough to do, my DB decided at the last minute to put up a tree this year and has no decorations and wants me to make them all!! He wants fishing and hunting type ornies. So we got some fishing bobbers and are drilling them out to put on his lights. That in itself is going to look good. I'm trying to put together some other things for him as well.

Then we are doing the 12 days of Christmas for a family. We are starting tonight to end on Christmas Eve. I've been going crazy trying to finish some cute things to leave on their porch each night. I finished a little snowman bucket last night and went to put on a load of clothes, came back and the snowman was painted black!!!!!!!!! And so were my 2 yr olds clothes!! I about blew a gasket, but luckily I remember that luvs said alcohol will take it off. I had sprayed it with sealer, but it still took me a while and a lot of alcohol to get it back the way it was. UGH. (Thanks luvs btw!!)

I still have so many projects I'm still working on, not to mention shopping, wrapping, baking and whatnot. With only 12 days left is anybody else in panic mode??

Comments (10)

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

LOL @ ath black snowman. Nope not doing as much this year as usual.Only put up one tree this year and only decorated the dining room and kitchen.Still have to make cookies,and a little bit more shopping to do,and will probably do it before the weekend.
    Kathi

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

LOL - I was almost ready to read that "you" drank the alcohol!!! Sounds like you're doing just fine, just need to slow down a bit.

Sal

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sal~ if I wasn't a teetotaler I might have gone for it at that point. ha Glad you guys are taking it easy. I got a few things organized and finished this afternoon and am feeling a little more in control. Had too many half finished projects and felt like nothing was done, but putting the finishing touches on was easy and it's nice to see things all lined up and ready to go. If I finish up tomorrow I may actually be able to clear off my dining room table and 'dress' it before Christmas. ha Ok, better get off of here and finish up a few more things before bed time.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Anj, Somehow I missed this post until now--forgive me if my typing is bad because I am chuckling over your story! Glad you were able to save the snowman--so good you had sealed it already! So did you also manage to get the black paint off DD and her clothes? Or should I not ask? ;o) Ahhh! You're a young Mom and trying to do it all and make everyone's Christmas special--as the years go by, you learn to slow down a bit and not try to accomplish quite so much. Take a deep breath, give the kids and DH a hug, and just remember to write this story down so you can share it with your DD's kids someday! Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs~ DD's clothes were a loss I'm afraid. Luckily they were some older hand-me-down clothes so I wasn't too upset about them. She was almost out of them anyway.
    You are right, I do need to slow down and try to enjoy the holidays more. I'm going to try to get the rest of my projects finished today and get the rest of the presents wrapped so I can relax this next week and bake cookies with the kids and spend time with DH. We have his work Christmas party to attend and a date is always something I look forward to. :) ~Anj

• SEWigardnut
    17 years ago

I was thinking your meant you drank the alcohol also.

Sounds like a problem solver to me..lol

• blueiis
    17 years ago

Oh my god! I guess you couldn't really get mad at your 2 yr old, I guess she wanted to be just like Mom. Would really love to see a pic of your bucket, after you took off the black of course, lol.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The bucket is over on the gallery. ~Anj

• diarich
    17 years ago

Thank Goodness I only babyset my 2 yr old grandaughter so I try to get things done when she's not here. She loves Mimi's paints and I have to watch her like a hawk. I did get her some water color paints so whe I have to paint I just did up something and hand it to her. It's been working out pretty well.
    That's why I haven't been here much. I finished all my projects yesterday. Now I'm just doing whatever I want LOL
    I hope it all falls into place for you.
    Hugs
    Diana

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congrats Diana on getting everything done and glad to have you back with us! I'm not panicked anymore, but still have a bunch to do. I'll just plan to relax after Christmas Day is over. I imagine all the "Santas" everywhere will be doing the same. ha ~Anj