Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY magnetic boards

Posted by luthien (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 13:35

hello ladies :)
i just posted some mixed media DIY magnetic boards over at crafts & decor :) didn't want to do a double post here :) you can also see them in my blog :) tell me what you think... cause... i am actually not really excited about them ... though i enjoyed the process of making them, which i think is more important :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the post on DIY magnetic boards :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY magnetic boards

Well, I don't know what's not to like! They look awesome! Love how you are adding those painted touches. Glad you had fun making them and that is the most important thing! TFS!! =) ~Anj

o

I like the way you combined your painting and other media on it. What are you going to use them for? Luvs

o

hello ladies :)
thank you for the wonderful comments :)

anj... i do like them... just that they looked like a mess to me... but i've just accepted the fact that they are meant to be a mess :) and yes! it was fun making them! i wanna do some more!

luvs... painting on it makes it a bit more personal doesn't it :)) i'm supposed to give them away as christmas gifts... i'm still not sure yet. i'm thinking people may not appreciate this kind of things and i dun want them recycled as next year's christmas gifts or under some pile of junk! if i were the art... no matter how ugly i looked... i wouldn't like a life like that :))))) so i dunno...

o

You are so funny. I laughed so hard after reading your last post. No one is going to recycle something this precious you've given them. They are both so cool and you need to keep going with this sort of thing. These are unique and others will cherish them. I don't make anything like this because I'm not capable. ha ha

o

:)))) phonegirl, you are so sweet! to be saying such lovely things :) i really appreciate that... i sure hope my friends will feel the same :) thank you once again :))) and you must try mixed media... actually everyone should at least try it... once... it's so much fun :))) and it's so much more fun because we can paint!

o

Your magnetic palette boards are awesome! I love the balance on the oval one, and the personal touches make it even more special. If I were lucky enough to receive one of these, I would treasure it forever!

o

pezabelle,
thank you so much...what a lovely thing to say :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here