Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

DIY magnetic boards

luthien
15 years ago

hello ladies :)

i just posted some mixed media DIY magnetic boards over at crafts & decor :) didn't want to do a double post here :) you can also see them in my blog :) tell me what you think... cause... i am actually not really excited about them ... though i enjoyed the process of making them, which i think is more important :)

Here is a link that might be useful: the post on DIY magnetic boards :)

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well, I don't know what's not to like! They look awesome! Love how you are adding those painted touches. Glad you had fun making them and that is the most important thing! TFS!! =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I like the way you combined your painting and other media on it. What are you going to use them for? Luvs

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello ladies :)
    thank you for the wonderful comments :)

anj... i do like them... just that they looked like a mess to me... but i've just accepted the fact that they are meant to be a mess :) and yes! it was fun making them! i wanna do some more!

luvs... painting on it makes it a bit more personal doesn't it :)) i'm supposed to give them away as christmas gifts... i'm still not sure yet. i'm thinking people may not appreciate this kind of things and i dun want them recycled as next year's christmas gifts or under some pile of junk! if i were the art... no matter how ugly i looked... i wouldn't like a life like that :))))) so i dunno...

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

You are so funny. I laughed so hard after reading your last post. No one is going to recycle something this precious you've given them. They are both so cool and you need to keep going with this sort of thing. These are unique and others will cherish them. I don't make anything like this because I'm not capable. ha ha

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

:)))) phonegirl, you are so sweet! to be saying such lovely things :) i really appreciate that... i sure hope my friends will feel the same :) thank you once again :))) and you must try mixed media... actually everyone should at least try it... once... it's so much fun :))) and it's so much more fun because we can paint!

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Your magnetic palette boards are awesome! I love the balance on the oval one, and the personal touches make it even more special. If I were lucky enough to receive one of these, I would treasure it forever!

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pezabelle,
    thank you so much...what a lovely thing to say :))