Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

How do you display your painted items?

luvstocraft
15 years ago

I've made a few snowmen and santas over the years. I like to display my wooden snowmen along with my cloth and ceramic ones in my window. My santas I display the same way only on top of the television. I'll post a pic of the snowmen, but will have to take a pic of the santas to show you.

I also have little wall plaques hanging here and there, and I hang them outside on the side door to the garage, my side gates, and on the arm of our lamppost.

How do you use your painted Christmas items?

Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs,
    Your snowman display looks beautiful. You have a very festive setting with all your snowmen and lights. The swag looks good with the bright red ribbons also. You give a whole new meaning to couch potatoes. ha ha Thanks for posting. I'll look forward to seeing your santa display.
    It's below zero here with a wind chill factor of -16. I've kept buzy painting and had a friend spend a few hours visiting. I cooked a roast today to keep cozy. It's suppose to stay like this till wed. Knew it was coming but never like it when it arrives. LOL

• luthien
    15 years ago

that look adorable luvs :) mine are just kept in the cupboard most of the time... to keep them safe from my notorious 3 and a half year old :))) someday i may be able to bring them out again :))))

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luvs - Your display looks so cool..hohoho

Your green garland with the red berries really frames your snowy friends. I see an 'ol' friends - the snowman on the right. What did you use to add the lights in the snow?

I really like how you added the snow man and reindeer to your lovely couch. Makes it part of the whole scene.

I love "staging" my collections of decorations, help keep down the cluttered look. I have enclosed two pictures of my favorites. If you look at the snowflakes on the center snowman, you will see that our river left a little "brown" behind. Was going to change it but then DH said it was a great reminder that he survived just like we have.

Belle

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hey ya'll.....the pics look great! Love how you have everything done. I'll try to take some pics of some of mine tonight or tomorrow. =) ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Belle, Your displays are beautiful also. I can't see what the river left behind on your snowman but they are all really cute. Is your frame with or without glass in it? Are your block looking words just painted to look like blocks or are they stacked that close together? They add alot to your displays. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Belle, I love your displays. I have one of those yarn beard santas like your's--bought it from one of my customers years ago and just love it. The snowman wall hanging--I think I have some of that fabric in my stash, couldn't think what to do with it except applique on sweatshirts--now I have a new idea thanks to you. ;o) Did you paint the two snowmen on the boxes? Love them, so cute. Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Thank You all for your nice comments!

Phonegirl...the frame is windowless, DH made it and I just haven't figured out what to do with it. The "blocks" are actually 3 strips of wood with saw cuts to make the blocks. DH make saw cuts in one piece of pine then cut it into strips. I added dark paint to each saw cut. They also stack very nicely.

Luv....the wall hanging was fun, I added some very old buttons to add interest, still need to add more. The boxes are actually small crates that hold a large pillar candle. Think the pattern came from "Moosly Christmas" or something close to that.