Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Snowmen Ornaments

pezabelle
12 years ago

Finally finished! This years ornaments were really hard for me to get done, just wasn't into this pattern but it was the only one that sparked any interest at all...sad!

The snowman is the third Q & E pattern from several years ago, mine are wood whereas the originals were metal pockets and I changed out everything but the shape and general idea of the ornament.

Belle

Comments (9)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Belle, your snowmwn are really cute. You did a wonderful job with them.

I can't seem to get motivated into doing anything creative lately. I think I need someone to give me a swift kick in the butt to get me started.

Marylee

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Belle, cute, cute, cute! Everyone will love your adorable snowman ornaments. I painted a little snowflake by JMP for a friend last night. Will try to get it uploaded and posted to share soon.

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You Both! They are on they way to 19 children from here to Austria.

I used a picture I have of JMP's Gingerbread face to do my faces, to me they are much cuter than the original faces. I also used some snowflake stamps to stamp the tops, kind of felt like I was cheating...lol

Belle

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Belle, Do not feel you were cheating when you used stamped snowflakes...Just think how much time it would have taken to paint or stencil snowflakes on 19 ornaments. You did the smart thing. The tops look wonderful.

Marylee

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

MaryLee, I actually tried painting and stenciling the snowflakes and not only would they have taken so much time to do, they looked awful. The stencils would not curve and stay stuck down and my hand just is not as steady as it used to be, so no, I think I did the smart thing for once. I found that I not only don't like painting candy canes on a dowel, but snowflakes are right up there in the "I won't do it again" list!

Belle

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Belle, I would of never guessed you didn't paint the snowflakes. I agree, you did the right thing and they look great. This is such a wonderful thing to send ornaments to 19 children from here to Austria.You Rock!

I hear you on this one, 'My hand just is not as steady as it used to be'. My eyes don't seem to like me doing alot of close ups for a long time any more either.

Punk

• paintingfool
    12 years ago

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the faces - I, too, use a snowflake stamp, makes painting so much easier.
    B

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Belle, I just ran across these and love those cute faces! Your kids will all be delighted for sure.

Marylee, I'm with you--I need a swift kick to get me moving and motivated again too. (And I really need to clean up my painting area. I still have an unfinished Halloween project on the chair and three half finished Chrismas snowmen that I doubt will get finished this year sitting on the counter, plus everything else I don't know where to put seems to land in there!)

Belle and Punk, I've noticed that I need new glasses and the hands and fingers just don't work like they used to either. When I try to paint these days, I feel like a real novice!

Luvs

• oceanna
    12 years ago

They're adorable, Belle! You did a great job on them. I'm sure the children will cherish them for years to come.

We all get bogged down and uninspired sometimes, and that's fine. Sooner or later something will come along that really inspires us to get creative. It's in the blood. lol