Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Nice flurry of activity!

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Wow! The last couple of days on here were so fun! What a flurry of activity we had. Started thinking I had better not sign on in the mornings anymore--stayed on here waaay too long! Not that I minded that, but I do my best house and yard work in the mornings--by afternoon forget it. Hope all of you were enjoying it too. What I love the most is that we have such a wide range of painting styles, and they are all a pleasure to see. You gals are so good and so creative, I'm truly enjoying our time together. Have a great day! Hope you get some time with your paintbrushes. ;o) Luvs

Comments (12)

• gram_NH
    17 years ago

I too have enjoyed coming here in the morn with my coffee!! Everyones work is so creative and different, but all so beautiful.

One of my goals for the winter was to figure out how to make a webpage with the webtv, so that I could share pics. It is supposed to be very easy...heehee....not for me!

Anyway, after losing two very good cameras a few years ago, I have been using the 'throwaways'. I just found out that when I have the film developed at Walmart, I can get a free CD. One of my friends said if I get the CDs, she will put them onto a photo site for me. Yipee...after the holidays I too will be able to share pics!!

Meanwhile, I will just sit back and enjoy all the eye candy you girls share. Many thanks to all of you!

Have a wonderful day!

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I found this site back in 1998, at that time it was free and I did post comments a few times. Then they started charging so I just came to read what everyone else was doing. Now that it is back to the original idea, I am happy to participate again. I took an early retirement this year so I have plenty of time on my hands and I love coming into my computer room and checking on what yall have been doing. Would love more pictures of projects from everyone. When I said I have plenty of time on my hands I should amend that because I have four young grandchildren and I do stop painting for them. The good thing is they always want to do an art project when they come over - I think its in their genes!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gram, That will be wonderful! We will look forward to seeing pics of your projects too. Are you snowed in yet? I have friends in Maryland, which I think is close to you, but I haven't heard from them for a couple weeks. Big adjustment for them--the wife was born and raised in Calif.--so the changing seasons is new for her.

Paintingfool--We ALWAYS stop whatever we are doing when a grandkid comes over, right? I know I do. That is great that they like to work on projects with you. My little 2 yr old GD always wants to paint--but sometimes we just take an old paintbrush and some water out to the patio! She is totally fascinated with my dried paint palettes--think she likes all the dried blobs of color. Sure hope she will want to learn--I could use a painting buddy. ;o) Luvs

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Luvs, isn't it great that they are so amazed at the simpliest of things. I try to keep items on hand that they can paint - and let me tell you, they do not like those little watercolor paint sets, they want the real thing. You know, the acrylic paint and regular brushes. I have a set of identical twin grandsons and a grand daughter that are all 6 years old. Another granddaughter is seven months old. We also do craft projects, this week it is snowglobes from baby food jars. They have learned what colors you get when you mix the primary colors and how to make snow with a toothbrush and white paint. I, too, hope they continue with learning to paint.

BTW, it was 22 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 14 degrees -thank goodness that does not happen very often here in Florida. I don't even own a coat so I won't be going anywhere today. Sort of like a snow day, I suppose.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Ha PF~ I remember those days. I never owned a coat before I moved to Utah either. In MS we only needed a light jacket for the cold days. Now I wear multiple layers, a heavy coat, headband, scarf and gloves and I'm still freezing most of the time. I despise the snow. One day I'll move back "home". ha

Gram~ we look forward to those pictures!

I have some pictures to post if I ever get a minute. I've been painting so much that I am getting headaches every night. Took a break yesterday to do some shopping, but ready to get back to it again today. I spend far too much time reading all the posts and looking at the pics, but that's one of the hilites of my day so can't give it up. :) I have breakfast with you ladies too. It's a nice break after the rush of getting kids ready and off to school.

Only 17 days left until the big day. I gotta go get busy. I have totally enjoyed this forum. So happy to have it busy again and with such super nice and talented people. ~Anj

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Paintingfool, would you like to come to my place for a visit? You should have been here a few days ago. We woke up to a very cold -30C, plus it was windy therefore making it feel even colder (-39C). Thank goodness for a garage and a car that starts, warm winter boots, downfilled parkas and a furnace and a fireplace.

Brenda

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

VG, I don't think I could survive in that type of weather, I would want to stay in bed all the time. Right now I have the heater on, the fireplace going and my fleece housecoat on. My sister lives in New York and says we just need to be aclimated. She can't stand it here in the summer. Several years ago we had temperatures in the 90's right after a major hurricane and no electricity for two weeks - meaning no air conditioning. But I would rather have that than the cold.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Amen sista!! ha I haven't aclimated yet and I've been here 17 years. :D ~Anj

• jlily
    17 years ago

Gran we'll be waiting for those pictures. As for me I've been working in between doctor visits. One project to show in a day or so-just need to clear coat it and the weather 's not exactly drying weather. LOL I think I about did everybody in with the "eye pictures". I still have more "old ones" when I take time to do it. But have to do some Chrsitmas things, too!! Jlily

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Jlily--I do think those eye pictures surprised us! Ha ha That was unexpected. You sure did an excellent painting job on them.

I am not crazy about cold weather either, but I do still miss having a "white Christmas". Sometimes it is so warm and sunny out here that it feels more like we should go to the beach than sit around the Christmas tree! Much as I love sunny days, at Christmas I always hope for it to be cooler and cloudy.

Luvs

• diarich
    17 years ago

LOL That's why I've been mia, I've been finishing up a bunch of baking and crocheting and painting LOL the list goes on. I'm trying to get as much done as possible.
    I just wish my creative juices would have started sooner.
    Hugs
    Diana

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Yea Diana...like in July!! ha This summer lets make a pack to remind each other to start winter projects earlier.ha It's hard to be in the mood for winter painting when the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the weather is so nice and warm. It's snowing here again so perfect for painting. Too bad I'm feeling so rushed and not able to enjoy it as much. ~Anj