Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

merry christmas!

luthien
15 years ago

hello ladies :)

i just want to wish all of you a blessed christmas and a great new year! may 2009 bring to you and your love ones lots of joy and fulfillment, wonderful surprises, good health and tubs full of creative juices :)))

it's been a real pleasure and honor getting to know all of you... though we've not exactly met each other... i am truly thankful for the friendship we share :) and thank you once again for sharing all your beautiful work with me and all your wonderful and encouraging comments.

God bless...

luthien xoxoxo

Comments (13)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a wonder message. Thank you so much Luthien. We wish the same for you as well, and hope you will continue to come visit with us. Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

And Merry Christmas to you too Luthien. We've been pleased as punch to have you sharing here on the board too! Sure hope you and everyone here will have a safe and wonderful holiday! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

I would also like to wish everyone A Super Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

As a newer member is has been a pleasure meeting and getting to know all of you! Sure wish I had found this forum long ago! You have all made me welcome and I thank you all for that!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

It's been so great having more members join in on this forum. There are times when it gets so slow here, and that is understandable since we all get busy with other things in our lives and can't do any painting no matter how much we might wish we could.

I hope that even during those times, all of you will come chat on the conversations side. Just a morning hello or a goodnight post letting us know you're around and what's going on in your lives would be wonderful.

We could also talk about any good books or magazines we've found, or any yard sale or thrift store finds we hope to fix up. Do you get a thrill out of seeing a new book or magazine full of projects? I'm always looking for ideas to paint up ahead of time to have on hand for gifts when needed. I'd like to hear how far in advance you select and start on projects for upcoming holidays. What motivates you to start a project? What obstacles hold you back from working on a project you'd like to do? You get the idea, we can at least TALK about painting even if we are too busy to get a project worked on right then. ;o)

Lots of people are talking about the economy, so I imagine more people will be staying home more and that means they will be looking for things to do. I hope some of them will find this forum and be encouraged to pick up a brush and join in here.

So have a very Merry Christmas, and let's hope we all get even better acquainted in the new year.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Here's my belated Christmas wish to all of you. Hope the New Year brings all of you health, wealth and loads of happiness. This forum is so fun and I truly love all the wonderful projects, ideas that come from it, but most of all the wonderful people who share on here and are so willing to help others. I had a truly wonderful year and I look forward to joining all of you the rest of this year and again in the new year. I have a new camera so will post a few pictures.

• crafty202
    15 years ago

HELLO EVERYONE!! I JUST FOUND THIS SITE SEEMS TO BE JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR, I LOVE TO PAINT IM NOT THE BEST BUT I LOVE TO PAINT ,ANYWAY I HOPE YALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey crafty202 :)))
    welcome! you'll enjoy it here :))) everyone's so great and cool and the art they make here is unbelievable :))) it's a treasure trove... i'm not that long here as well... probably a couple months old but am enjoying myself tremendously :))) you would too :))) have a great new year!

luthien

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Welcome Crafty 202.
    We love to have new ones joining our forum. If you want to paint and post we'd love to enjoy all of your projects. Everyone here is so fun and helpful. I come here to relax and enjoy everyones great projects. I found this site at the beginning of this year and love it.
    Luthien, how did all your friends like their Christmas presents from you? Bet they were truly delighted with all your great creations. Your so talented.

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hello phonegirl :)
    i think they were quite surprised that i handmade their presents this year... everyone was smiling and one or two of them were like checking out the mixed media magnetic boards closely... i had some really nice thank you messages on facebook the next day :)

how was everyone's christmas? we gorged ourselves silly at a friend's place. he roasted a turkey and had fruit stuffing... we did a bit of pot luck ourselves... so there were like roast duck chinese style, roast pork meatloaf, amongst other stuff :) then we sat around exchanging gifts and did some card readings :))) a couple of us had sandplay therapy... (my friend's a certified play therapist) lol! that part was like... all the secrets were out! but all in all a great christmas party :)

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Crafty202.....Welcome! I have only been here for a short time and am so pleased...everyone is very nice and the encouragement is wonderful! And I think that we all feel that our painting isn't that great - but if you are doing what you love to do - painting - then that's all that counts! Hope you post pictures of your projects.

Again ....Welcome!

Belle

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I hope each of you have a new year filled with lots of painting.

We spend our Christmas Eve with our family, my husband and I cook all day and then spend Christmas day resting. We had the usual turkey and ham and we always have lumpia (a filipino egg roll) for an appetizer and for dinner we also add Pancit (a filipino dish made with rice noodles). Then the usual southern items, potato salad, rice, home grown marinated vegetables and dessert - my favorites - bread pudding with whiskey sauce and banana pudding. It was great.

Crafty, you will love this forum, we have some really talented painters here and they are always eager to answer any questions you might have. But the thing we like most is seeing everyones paintings so please share. In the meantime you can check out my blog - I have only been doing this for a short time so I am having a good time putting in music, backgrounds, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I hope each of you have a new year filled with lots of painting.

We spend our Christmas Eve with our family, my husband and I cook all day and then spend Christmas day resting. We had the usual turkey and ham and we always have lumpia (a filipino egg roll) for an appetizer and for dinner we also add Pancit (a filipino dish made with rice noodles). Then the usual southern items, potato salad, rice, home grown marinated vegetables and dessert - my favorites - bread pudding with whiskey sauce and banana pudding. It was great.

Crafty, you will love this forum, we have some really talented painters here and they are always eager to answer any questions you might have. But the thing we like most is seeing everyones paintings so please share. In the meantime you can check out my blog - I have only been doing this for a short time so I am having a good time putting in music, backgrounds, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hi crafty202....sorry I missed giving you a welcome. Hope you'll come back often and share your projects. We have all different levels of painters here so please share. We have 3 different parts to this forum. There is a gallery with lots of pics, this is discussions where we talk painting and some pics too and then there is conversations where we just chat about non-painting stuff. Feel free to join in anywhere.

We had a really nice Christmas. Some of us have been chatting more about it over on Conversations so ya'll don't forget to switch over there sometimes too!! Sounds like everyone had a good one this year. luthien...we all knew your gifts would be a hit! ha

~Anj