Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help with a painting project

Posted by pegtn (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 07 at 11:25

I hope you can help me. I have a brother-in-law who has everything. He has a garage, and he likes old road signs hanging in his garage. I have a couple of old, small metal gas cans and I thought I would paint something "old" on one of them for a gift for him. But I am stumped on what to paint on the can. Also, I need a picture to look at because I was not blessed with the ability to draw lol. I can paint, but I cant draw a stick person:). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help with a painting project

Hi...the first thing that popped into my mind would be to paint one of the old gas pumps on the gas can. You could maybe do an image search for those. I'll keep thinking and get back to you. I'm sure the others here will have some good thoughts too. Good idea on the gift! ~Anj

o
RE: I need help with a painting project......1

Hi again, just did a quick search and found this one. Maybe you could paint an old gas station on yours instead of the general store?? ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: painted gas can

o

Oh Anj, that is exactly the idea i'm looking for. I didn't think to look on ebay lol. I will see if i can find a picture of a gas station. Thank you so much.

o

Anj,

I love the painted antique gas can! I went into the seller's other items for sale and noticed that of the 100 or so other items none of them were handpainted and she also makes no mention of who painted this gas can, just that it came from a smoke free home.

Shucks! I was hoping to see other items painted in such a manner with other little stores on them also.

Brenda

o

Your welcome Peg. Were you able to find a pic of an old gas station?

o

Here's a couple of gas stations from the past that may or not help with a design idea...
http://www.garagejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shell.jpg
sorry, I'm such a nerd at posting pics...
Suzan J

Here is a link that might be useful: gas station

o
Gas Station pics...hopefully

Here's a couple of gas stations from the past that may or not help with a design idea...
http://www.garagejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shell.jpg
sorry, I'm such a nerd at posting pics...
Suzan J

Here is a link that might be useful: gas station

o
Link's a Bust - LOL

ignore the first post above...hey maybe i should just get my own forum...heheh.
Suzan J

o

Susan~ if she hadn't found any, that was one I was gonna recommend she try to dupe too. Glad you posted it for her...even if it did take two tries. hahaha. Get your own forum. haha You're funny. :) ~Anj

o

That is the cutest picture sjars, thank you so much. And anjabee, i want to thank you also, you have been a great help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here