Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Painted gifts

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Just wondering if any of you received any painted gifts? I didn't get any this year. I love getting items like that--often inspires me. Family members hesitate because they think I could make it myself, but I probably wouldn't ever see it so I could make it! LOL

DIL had some really nice wooden stars with words on them. I borrowed one to use as a pattern. Here I go with lettering again--always stuggle with making my lettering look neat. Each one had a different word--Joy, Peace, Hope, and they were painted on both sides. That impressed me!

Also, I would love to hear how people liked the painted gifts you gave to them too. Bet your heads were swelling from all the compliments. ;o)

Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey luvs! How was your Christmas? I'm sure you've posted about it and I just haven't read it yet. Ours was super and still enjoying the kids being home from school.

I didn't get any painted gifts because none of my family paints. I did get a gift certificate to Michaels so I can get some new brushes and books.

As you know, some of my 12 days of Christmas gifts were painted. We brought the last one (a painted reindeer jar full of candy. I think I posted one like it before?) over on Christmas Eve and told them it was us. They had been trying so hard to catch us. ha They LOVED having that done for them and the kids were so excited every night to see what would be left on their doorstep. The wifes mom was there and said that the wife was up checking the porch every few minutes in anticipation. It does make you feel good. They loved all the painted items they got which of course made me feel great. It's always nice to be complimented on your work. They had even prepared a gift for their "Secret Santa" to leave out for us. The only other painted thing I gave as a gift was the painted soap in a little see thru bag with a Christmas towel to our school crosswalk lady. DD said she oohed and aahhed over it so much she almost made her late for school. ha And I know the crosswalk lady paints so I was glad she liked it.

Did your DIL like the things you painted for her? Like I even need to ask. ha

Well, after having been off here for a few days I have lots to catch up on and tons of emails too. It's been nice to relax and do nothing for the last 2 days, but I need to start thinking about spring projects now. Hard when it's snowing outside. ha I'm like you were when the winter projects started and it was still so warm there. Better get going. I'll check back in later. ~Anj

• diarich
    17 years ago

No I gave a lot of painted gifts and they went over real well, but I didn't receive any. We had a wonderful Christmas. Everyone was very pleased.
    Diana

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

No one in my family paints so I didn't get any painted gifts - but I gave them. Of course, I gave out my flamingo ornament which was a big hit. Some thought it was a decal. I also made several large snowmen which are not painted but I like to sew also, they are made of ivory and rose felt, stuffed and then decorated. I have a beautiful Santa I sew and then paint his face but did not make one this year - I really need to make one for me since I either sell or give away most of my things. My daughter and daughter in law love my painted items and usually get first pick.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas! It is so fun to see someone's face light up when you give them something you've made.

Anj, I know you really brightened that family's Christmas. What a great thing to do. Bet the Crosswalk lady was pleased that someone remembered her.

Diana, how could anyone not like those wonderful snowmen containers full of home baked cookies! Yummy and so cute.

And Paintingfool--I'll bet they can hardly wait to see what you will make for them each year. You know we'd love to see your sewn items too--you can post them on the conversations side--it's for everything non paint related.

My DIL loved the little snowpeople I painted on the ornament. Immediately hung it on her tree. I paint allot of "country" type items, and that is not her thing--so I love it when I can come up with something she really likes.

Can't wait to hear from Payd, Blueiis, Iris, Kathi, Rosemary, and the others about their Christmas. I know Cheri made a snowman for Craftylady--saw it over on the GJ forum--very cute.

Everyone have a great day. I'll talk with you all later. Luvs