Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My painted Christmas card

paintingfool
17 years ago

I live in Florida and when I saw this on a magazine, I wanted it to be on my Christmas cards this year. The original picture had the flamingo hiding his beak in his feathers but I would rather the beak show. And I love pink so it seemed appropriate even though it doesn't have the Christmasy look. Inside I wrote "Wishing you a beautiful holiday season and a new year of peace and happiness". What do you think?? {{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

I think your painted flamingo is absolutely gorgeous is what I think. Excellent painter you are.

Sal

• delaniemae
    17 years ago

Wow! Do you paint one and make color copies or do you paint each card individually?

• anjabee
    17 years ago

I think it looks Christmasy with the green background and the holly in the wreath about it's neck. You do an excellent job on those flamingos. It's beautiful. ~Anj

• gram_NH
    17 years ago

I think you are one talented lady!!

And...your friends and family are fortunate to be on your mailing list!!

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Delanie - I painted it on a piece of card stock, then took it to the Office Depot, they scanned it and printed it on glossy card stock with a laser printer. I tried the ink jet but it faded the colors. What doesn't show up is the gold color, the background is actually washed in champagne gold (my favorite) but it doesn't show very well. I also painted the flamingo on porcelain ornaments and then when I couldnt find the porcelain ones I painted it on a glossy white ornament, added a sheer pink bow to the top so the ornament matched the card they received. I only give ornaments to family and close friends. I have to tell yall, you are really good for the ego. My family loves everything I paint but I think they are a bit biased, so it is nice to hear compliments from others who share the same passion for painting. Thanks to all of you.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

What a wonderful card that will make. I agree, he's perfect for a Florida Christmas with his holly and berries wreath. Luvs

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

I think it's beautiful!! You are very talented.TFS
    Kathi

• payd6
    17 years ago

this is truly beautiful! great job.

• jlily
    17 years ago

Your card is georgous!! Certinly a change from the traditional. I'm sure they will be very well received. Jlily

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

THAT CARD is to die for! STUNNING! Your friends and family are lucky to be on the receiving end of your gifts!
    SLOW (from the GJ side) has a GD who is a talented artist and creates the family Christmas card each year. Wish I had half your talent, pf.

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks to all of you again. I have never painted our Christmas card before but it was something I have wanted to do for a long time. I wasn't sure about sending it since it wasn't the traditional type of card but so far I have had really nice comments on it. One of my sisters framed hers - she's very sentimental and loves everything I do. Maybe if time permits I will actually paint each card next year - but with eight sisters and 2 brothers it will mean I will have to start early. Thanks again yall.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

WOW! Your card is just gorgeous. I agree with everyone else, you are certainly talented. Please post a pic of your flamingo ornaments. Sandi

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sandi, I posted one on 9 November "I'm painting now" but will post one a bit different. Sorry about the glare, I use a triple thick varnish and it always does that. Thanks for the nice comment. {{!gwi}}

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

It is just beautiful! I just can't imagine being able to paint a flamingo as pretty as yours. I'm totally in awe! Now I'm going to see your other one.

• diarich
    17 years ago

How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job!
    Very talented for sure.
    Thank You for sharing!
    Diana

• anjabee
    17 years ago

I love it on the ornie! Great job as usual. :D ~Anj

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living