Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

zebra print and more coasters :)

luthien
15 years ago

i just made a set of new coasters for a friend. she's an avid fan of betty boo so i made these specially for her. i used kitchen tiles for these and painted a zebra print background on a piece of canvas using acrylic paint.

i have the zebra print scanned in my computer so if in future i need the pattern again i can just print it out. but i found that printing it out on paper doesn't look as vivid. i actually prefer to cut up the original painting and use those instead... which is what i did here.

Here is a link that might be useful: here's the complete creative process

Comments (8)

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

Those are great! Your friend will love them.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I love Betty Boop!! Those are fun! You did a good job on those zebra stripes. They look difficult to me. Your friend will love them. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! Great job on the zebra stripes! This set is really nice, great Betty Boop graphics too. Luvs

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kraftymom... hee hee hee... i really hope she'll like it :)

anj...another betty boop fan? funnily i honestly thought it was betty boo... until everyone started writing boop! i quickly went and changed the spelling on my blog :DDDD zebra prints are really not that hard, you just have to get the first few stripes right then it just flows...

luvs...thanks! zebra prints are one of my fav animal prints... so bold yet elegant :))) ooo... but i can't claim credit for the betty boop graphics... i got them from pictures and the net... naughty naughty... i hope no one's gonna sue me for copyright!

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your coasters are adorable. The zebra stripes look great. I too love Betty Boop. We have a hard time keeping anything Betty Boop in stock. Your friend will cherish these alwyas, I'm sure.

• calirose
    15 years ago

Those are adorable! What a wonderful thing to do for your friend.

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you phonegirl, calirose :)

yea.. phonegirl, i just discovered how many people like betty boop! it's uncanny, i've never really known this character before... not until my friend started to fill her facebook account with all her images :))))

• intolerable
    15 years ago

Love it! My daughter is just getting into zebra stripes, gives me ideas.
    Looks like a tedious job though! You must have some real patience!

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks