Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all! Toy box

oceanna
12 years ago

Just dropped in to wish you all a great holiday season!

I got a new grand baby in August, so I thought you might like to see the toy box I painted for him:

One of these days I will paint a cute little wooden stool I have for him, to match the box.

Comments (11)

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous! You have one lucky and much loved grandson. I am sure he will love it.

Merry Christmas!

Marylee

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Oceanna, that is just wonderful! Love all the little mice especially the little tailor. You did a wonderful painting job on it--I know it was a labor of love! Congrats on being a new grandma. Hugs, Luvs

• oceanna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Marylee. He's too young now, but I think he will grow to love it. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Thanks, Luvs! Awww, you're so sweet. He's adorable, I must say. lol!

I should have taken more close up pictures of it. It was hard to photograph because I coated it in shiny clear poly, several coats, to protect it. The poly bounced the light.

Hope you all have a lovely holiday season, how ever you celebrate!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

VERY nice!!
    I love it!

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oceanna, your new little grand baby's toy box is adorable. Love the way you added to the little critters with strips and dots too. He'll treasure it forever I bet.

Merry Christmas to all.

Punk

• pezabelle
    12 years ago

Oceanna,

What a wonderful toy box that I am sure will become a family treasure!

Everything is so well done and all of the little things that make every scene part of the entire box, just plain love from a Grandmother to her Grandson.

Thank you for sharing!

Belle
    PS...Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Punk, and Belle.

I suggest everyone here do a toy box -- they're fun!

• anjabee
    12 years ago

Oh wow! It's looks awesome! Love all the details and the characters are wonderful! Love them all! Definitely will be kept in your family for a long time and I know your grandchild will adore it!! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us here!! ~Anj

• sumshine
    12 years ago

Wow Thatis the cutest toy box I have ever seen. I love the swinger! He is going to love it.

• freedomfe
    12 years ago

very talented. looks great!

• megamuffins
    11 years ago

truly amazing

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro