Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Donna Dewberry Kit!

Posted by HeatherD (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 01 at 23:22

Hi everyone.

Just got my kit from ths this weekend for Donna's revised favorites, also ordered her palette and brush holder as well as some decals.

My question to all you Donna fans what else do I need? Is there one book or video you all just can't live without. What has helped you out the most. Any Donna painters in the Yukon?

Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Donna Dewberry Kit!

Hey Heather, sounds like your ready to get started! The only thing you need now is the time to practice!

I'm more of a book person than a video person. So even though I have many of the videos that come with her kits I tend to refer to the books more.

The one 'series' of Donna's that I really like is her 12 month binder series of laminated practice sheets (you can read more about it on her www.onestroke.com site). You get 8 sheets every 2 months on automatic shipment - 2 floral, 2 animal, 2 landscape, and 2 holiday - for a total of 48 practice sheets. I personally think it's one of her best collections. The landscapes in that series were my basis for ordering it and it finally gave me the courage to do one. I've always done flowers and animals and such but landscapes always intimidated me - not anymore! She makes it very simple. The binder is a great reference book.

o
RE: My First Donna Dewberry Kit!

Hi Heather,
If you need any help just let me know! I think all her videos are great!

Karen:)
OSCI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here