Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My snow momma

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 21:56

These were blanks I found at Hobby Lobby last year. No pattern, just used a stipple brush to pounce in the snowpeople. Fun to do but she is about 11" long, too big for the tree so what can I do with her?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My snow momma

Put her in a window, on the mantle, in the kitchen, she would look good almost anywhere, even the bathroom as look as she wouldn't get splashed on. Have you got a wooden stand with a slot in it. Then she could stand up alone. Or make 1 just a 4-5 in 1/2 in thick pine board with a slit down the middle wide enough for you snowlady. Router would help.Jan

o

oh that's so sweet! i love the expressions they have... somehow you manage to capture the mommy-kid lovey look :) how did you get it so shiny? hang them at the door :) or mount it in a pot and put them as centerpiece for your christmas dinner table :)

o

Just love momma and baby. I think it would be beautiful hanging on a Christmas wreath or garland. I have a snow momma that's holding her snow baby I'm working on right now. Makes me want to get in there and finish it but work is calling. Thanks for posting all of these.

o

What a sweet ornament, love their expressions. Is she made from glass or wood? So shiny, I thought glass when I first saw her. Love the stipple effect and the shiny finish. I think she would be great on one of those ornament stands. Luvs

o

Thanks yall. She is made from wood, just a 70% off piece I got from Hobby Lobby after Christmas last year. Did you notice I edged her too with the gold - I got a little wild with that pen but it gave such a nice effect. And again, I used one coat of Triple Thick for the sealer/varnish. Yall have to try it. It works great on small things but you have to work quickly. I think I have a slotted stand I will put her on, she is very thin and lightweight so I can drill her to a piece of wood. Thanks,
B

o

I bought a couple cans of that Krylon Triple Thick sealer. I'll have to give it a try. I like the gold edging on her. Luvs

o

Luvs, they have it in cans? I didn't know that but will check it out. It would be easier to spray large pieces than trying to brush it on. Thanks,
B

o

wow! i didn't know they were wood... because of the gold edging i thought it came with the design and that it was glass! wow!

o

I'm with luthien. It has a glass effect with the gold edging. And that is the cutest snowface on mama I've ever seen! ~Anj

o

I can't believe this is not glass or plastic. Again shows what the sealer and the gold pen and a pretty terrific artist can do.............!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here