Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My snow momma

paintingfool
15 years ago

These were blanks I found at Hobby Lobby last year. No pattern, just used a stipple brush to pounce in the snowpeople. Fun to do but she is about 11" long, too big for the tree so what can I do with her?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Put her in a window, on the mantle, in the kitchen, she would look good almost anywhere, even the bathroom as look as she wouldn't get splashed on. Have you got a wooden stand with a slot in it. Then she could stand up alone. Or make 1 just a 4-5 in 1/2 in thick pine board with a slit down the middle wide enough for you snowlady. Router would help.Jan

• luthien
    15 years ago

oh that's so sweet! i love the expressions they have... somehow you manage to capture the mommy-kid lovey look :) how did you get it so shiny? hang them at the door :) or mount it in a pot and put them as centerpiece for your christmas dinner table :)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Just love momma and baby. I think it would be beautiful hanging on a Christmas wreath or garland. I have a snow momma that's holding her snow baby I'm working on right now. Makes me want to get in there and finish it but work is calling. Thanks for posting all of these.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a sweet ornament, love their expressions. Is she made from glass or wood? So shiny, I thought glass when I first saw her. Love the stipple effect and the shiny finish. I think she would be great on one of those ornament stands. Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks yall. She is made from wood, just a 70% off piece I got from Hobby Lobby after Christmas last year. Did you notice I edged her too with the gold - I got a little wild with that pen but it gave such a nice effect. And again, I used one coat of Triple Thick for the sealer/varnish. Yall have to try it. It works great on small things but you have to work quickly. I think I have a slotted stand I will put her on, she is very thin and lightweight so I can drill her to a piece of wood. Thanks,
    B

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I bought a couple cans of that Krylon Triple Thick sealer. I'll have to give it a try. I like the gold edging on her. Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, they have it in cans? I didn't know that but will check it out. It would be easier to spray large pieces than trying to brush it on. Thanks,
    B

• luthien
    15 years ago

wow! i didn't know they were wood... because of the gold edging i thought it came with the design and that it was glass! wow!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I'm with luthien. It has a glass effect with the gold edging. And that is the cutest snowface on mama I've ever seen! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

I can't believe this is not glass or plastic. Again shows what the sealer and the gold pen and a pretty terrific artist can do.............!