Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Donna Dewberry pattern error?

Posted by cat1121 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 07 at 21:25

Has anyone duplicated the Trompe L'oeil folding screen from her book titled 'Decorative Furniture'?
When enlarging the patterns to the specified size(s), they exceed the size of the painting surfaces.
Am I misunderstanding something??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Donna Dewberry pattern error?

Sorry Cat, I don't have that book so can't be of help. Have you thought about contacting her at her website, or maybe contacting www.plaidonline.com? Good luck with your project, hope you will come back and share a pic with us. Luvs

o

I had tried her website (no response) and just now followed your suggestion to contact the Plaid site.
Thanks so much!

o

Cat, I found this email address and phone number in one of my One Stroke books. It was listed for info on certification classes, but maybe they could direct you to the right place to get help.

dewberry@magicnet.net

Phone 407-339-0239
Fax 407-339-5513

Luvs

o

Plaid should get back to you quite quickly. I had a general question for them about getting some Rub-ons to come off that were stubborn and they replied within a day or two, and even offered to replace the rub-ons which I thought was pretty impressive.
Suzan J

o

Well, I did hear back from Plaid - it is not their publication - and they were kind enough to give me a toll free number for Dewberry Designs. They were very nice even though they could be of no help.
Apparently I am to 'wing it.'
Thanks all!

o

Well if there's anything we crafter's know better than the average soul it's how to "wing it"! I'm sure you'll make it look fabulous, Cat!
Suzan J

o

Hey, Susan - I must have needed to hear that!
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I am certainly and surely going to enjoy this project.
Cat1121

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here