Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

A few items to share

paintingfool
14 years ago

As yall know I have been busy painting ornaments for our booth, the craft show, ETSY, and a gift shop. I have been painting in multiples so you have seen a lot of the ones I have painted. Here are a few that just needed a little bit to finish them (leftover from last year) and a few new ones.

The Snowman with the sock on his head is from last year. It was painted but needed the hat.

The Snowlady with her ice cream cones is new.

The Santa in pink is actually a Christmas tree necklace I have had for about 15 years but never finished it. Decided I would paint it to look like a Santa and I like it much better. Can hardly tell it use to be a tree.

The Santa on a wood peg is new and the little roses are painted on a ceramic heart from Hobby Lobby. I hate touching ceramic that is not glazed, it makes me have the same feeling I get when the dentist puts gauze in my mouth...yuk!! Anyway, these are just a few things to share for now.

Later,

Bebe

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

You've really been busy Gal. That tree turned into a santa turned out wonderful-what a great job you did on that! Sure hope you get lots of great sales this year, I'm sure everyone will love your pieces. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

PF,

Love the snowlady with the ice cream cones. Very cute idea. The snowman with the rag is great. Is that a light bulb or what is it painted on, please? I'm laughing at the fact that I'm not sure. Is it because it's late and I'm tired?

Your santa on a peg is so nice. I can't imagine painting a santa that small. The roses on the ceramic heart is also pretty.

The pink tree santa was worth the wait. Funny how after 15 years you made such a charming necklace. We love our santas don't we? The pouty snowman is a cutie.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling your paintings again this year. TFS

Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, the snowman with the rag is just a frosted ornament, I dotted the eyes black, just a comma stroke of blue, painted the nose orange and dabbed on pink paint for the cheeks. Then I used a water proof permanent pen to outline for details. That's it. Then I took a man's tube sock (was able to get three hats out of it), cut it about 5 inches long, slipped it over the ornament, glued it in place. Then tied off the top with ribbon, pulled it to the side of the ornament and glued it in place. Added the holly and using a large eye needle I took the gold ribbon through the ornament hanger (you can feel it under the sock). These can be done the same way with light bulbs. I just paint the entire light bulb white (usually I use a sponge and dab in white, a bit of blue or aqua). Sometimes I get children's socks in a package but I don't always like the colors. I have also used children's knitted gloves. Or you can sew the hat from felt or material. I like to do whatever is the quickest. Then I only sell them for about 5 or 6 dollars. I don't know what anyone buys anymore. The consumer doesn't always appreciate handmade or hand painted. It is so much easier to go to Hobby Lobby and pick up ornaments for less than $5.00.

Sometimes I wonder why I still do this. But my family looks forward to something different each year. I am attaching a photo of a snowman that a friend sent me. I don't know who did it (if it was any of you out there in the internet world, please let me know so you can receive the proper credit) but it was very similar to the ones I had been doing and she thought I would like it. I do, the person painted a really cute face. Thought you might like to see it. She used children's gloves or mittens (I don't know the difference - never had to use them in the south) and I believe she painted it on a lightbulb.

Luvs and PG, thanks for the sweet comments. Would love to see what everyone else is doing.

• anjabee
    14 years ago

All so very cute Bebe....LOVE how you turned the Christmas tree into a Santa. Awesome!
    I still have a bag of lightbulbs somewhere waiting to be painted. Like the use of the colored gloves for a hat. I'll have to try that. Thanks!
    ~Anj

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Gosh! Were to begin? Everything is so great! Couldn't ever pick a favorite. Your shading and detailing is super and how you saw a Santa in the tree cutout is WoW! But I guess I like the pouty little guy the best...he has attitude!

Hope you sell out everything! And gloves have fingers, mittens only have a thumb.

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

PF,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this post until now. Thanks so much for sharing all the details with us. I'm always ready to try something new and you seem to have the process simplified.

Your right I love the last two light bulb ornaments as they are JMP faces and I don"t need to say any more. Belle, explained how gloves and mittens differ. We always need some for our winters.LOL

Thanks again, Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks yall. Here we are talking about mittens and gloves and my area is under a Hurricane Warning. Really late in the season. Right now it is a cat 2 but it will downgrade once it hits the cooler waters along the coast. But we have to get ready anyway - you know - gas, securing the yard and just "hunkering down".

Later, yall.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

PF,

You need to move so you stay SAFE. That would scare be half to death living like that. Halloween is over and now Scaredy Cat comes out. I'll say a prayer for you and yours.

Hope your painting weekend was fun and you have time to post pictures soon.

Punk

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!