Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

Previously painted objects

jlily
17 years ago

I am going to post a few of my previously painted thengs-as requested. First is a garden bench my DH made for my garden.

Next is just a rock painting.

Next is a window I painted for my sis.

Another window I painted for a friend. enjoy! Jlily

That's all folks!!LOL

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Well heck, girlfriend. Why haven't you shown us those before instead of having to be asked? ha Glad we didn't have to ask twice. Those are terrific pieces. I am totally impressed with your windows. Excellent. The rock as well. I have one of those somewhere around here I can probably post a pic of.

My favorite is the bench. Looks like muscadine vines crawling across there. I'm gonna learn how to make stuff like that one of these days. You and DH make a great team. You did a terrific job. Thank you so much for sharing. That was a nice ending to my day. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Wow! Jlily, those windows are awesome! What a great job you did on them. Love your bench--so nice your DH will build things for you. So where do you find nice smooth rocks like that? I've stenciled on a couple of rocks along my flowerbed border--but don't have any smooth enought to paint on. That looks really cool. Thanks for sharing with us. Luvs

• jlily
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you ladies for being so nice. I have always enjoyed painting- my kids say I'll paint anything that holds still long enough!! So, rocks just naturally are on my list of subjects in my garden. LOL Jlily

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Jlily, I'm browsing again while I slowly sip my morning coffee (also known as procrastinating to avoid doing chores!) LOL Curious as to how you came up with the design for that wonderful barn scene window? Did you just design it yourself or follow a picture you had? My brother, who lives on a farm, would just love that! I've never tried to paint on a window--but if I did, I'd sure have to start with something really simple. Yours are just a work of art--beautiful! I admire your talent. Luvs

• payd6
    17 years ago

good grief jlily! that barn window is fabulous!! I agree with luvs, where did the pattern come from? I may have to try and copy that one!
    holy cow on the disney one! you are very talented! the rock and the bench are equally wonderful. :-)

• jlily
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I answered luvstocraft in a letter. Then remembered it doesn't come here automatically. I use pictures to paint and usually take parts of this one and part of that one to make them my own. I have done 3 barn-farm windows in all. I only have one here. The others I did for friends. I appreciate your compliments I love them almost as much as painting!!LOL My sis is a disney nut so of course had to do that for her-using her favorite disney characters. Thanks again! Jlily

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Jlily,all those things are fabulous,but the farm window is my favorite as well.You're very talented and thanks for sharing that talent with us.
    Kathi

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County