Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple new projects

Posted by gail1055 (gail_negri@msn.com) on
Thu, Nov 29, 07 at 19:10

Just finished a couple projects. The step stool a friend commissioned me to paint for a christmas present. She wanted a pumpkin and colored leaves painted on it.

The other is a tropical christmas card design I decided to paint for fun on a fan blade. I went to the club house this morning for breakfast and took it along to show my friends and someone bought it :~). (Saturday they are having a Christmas bazaar to raise money for activities at our MHP, so I donated a couple fan blades I had already painted.) Check them out. Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple new projects

Those are GR8.What a good way to use those fan blades.I have a stack of them here in my craft room.Good ideas.TFS
Kathi

o

I love that little set of steps and and your painted design just looks terrific on them. I love the expression on your seagull--so cute. TFS. Luvs

o

Just Beautiful!, wish I had thought to save fan blades, as always you are such a great painter!
oddie

o

Oh my Gosh, that pelican is so dang cute!! He looks so proud of himself for getting everything decorated up so nice. Love the fish jumping around and no wonder the lady snapped it up!
The step stool is awesome. Once again, love how you did the multicolored leaves. Very realistic. Bet your friend loved it! But if not, you can just pack it up and send it on to me! ha
Great job. ~Anj

o

Love the whimsy of the pelican. And your friend will be thrilled with the step stool!!

o

Those are gorgeous!!!
We have a freecycle in our town where you list free stuff.
I found some on there. Do a freecycle search for your town. They have cropped up all over.
Hugs
Diana

o

Oh I love that stool!! Did you build it?

o

My friend purchased the step stool at Target. She wanted to leave the finish as is and just paint colored leaves and pumpkins on it. I suggested painting the background black on just the front of the step and then added the design. I'm glad you like it ;~) Gail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here