Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old skate

Posted by annielu (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 18:51

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

found the shutter in the trash, and got the skates for 50 cents! so i painted the skate and decorated the shutter.
Whatcha think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old skate

That is Gorgeous!!!!

o

You've been busy getting ready for your show! Great find on that shutter, it looks to be in really good shape. Hope you do really well, let us know how it goes. Luvs

o

I think it is a very clever idea. Great job and good luck at the show.

o

I think you are extraordinarily creative.

o

Looks great !! Wish i could find some skates and an old sled.Good luck with your show.
kathi

o

I so admire, the painted skates I have seen, you did a beautiful job! love it! dont think I could paint something that small.
kathi you might find some skates at the thrift stores.
oddie

o

Yep, I see skates at our TS all the time.

Annielu~ Your's look terrific. Love the red and how you put it all together on the shutter. You are gonna have such a good variety of things for your show! ~Anj

o

LOL.I'm in S.Calif and i go to thrift shops all the time,in fact i was at GW this morning.I have NEVER seen either a sled or skates in any of them. Now if i lived in N.Calif i may have better luck,but alas,i don't!!!
Kathi

o

Guess you wouldn't have much call for ice skates there, now is there anything you could do with surf boards???? Teehee ~Anj

o

Wow, how creative you are! This is just darling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here