Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbyp_gw

Need gingerbread patterns for tole painting

debbyp
22 years ago

Hello. This is my first message since I just joined but I thought by reading through previous posts that lots of great advice and help was offered here. I need some tole painting craft books that contain nothing but gingerbread patterns. I have searched on eBay already but have not found any. Does anyone know of any specific books and/or Web sites where they are sold? Thanks!

Comments (22)

• Vikki_W
    22 years ago

I have one called "100% Fat Free" by Nancy Long....lots of cute ones in here....you might find it here.........

Here is a link that might be useful: Home craft express

• debbyp
    Original Author
    22 years ago

That was one of the books I was specifically looking for, but unfortunately, they don't have it at the link you gave me. By any chance, are you done with yours and would like to sell it......? :)

• Vikki_W
    22 years ago

Debby....email me....I have a plan!!

Vikki

• gsamples_bellsouth_net
    22 years ago

I have been trying to buy that book too. It has been discontinued. Seems like gingerbread is popular with everyone! Debbie

• chic_fayette_net
    22 years ago

I would be happy to pay for copies and postage if I can get ahold of the book. Email me if it is a possibility. Dee

• nodakgal
    22 years ago

I would be willing to do the same, if there is a chance. I love those sweet little tan boys!
    Connie D

• kattersmay
    22 years ago

I would also like these if possible. I had this once but can not find it anywhere. Thanks Kathy

• sjomaples_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

I would really like to get a copy of these patterns as well. If possible please e-mail me. I love gingerbreads! Thanks Sarah.

• LaceyBee
    22 years ago

There is a free gingerbread pattern on North Pole Christmas.
    http://www.northpolechristmas.com/gingerbread.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Gingerbread Pattern

• kraftymom
    22 years ago

I'm afraid the 100% Free by Nancy Long might be impossible to find. Another book people were trying to find some time ago was Donna & Kenna's Cozy Cookies. Another discontinued book - all gingerbread. You could try posting at http://www.toletrader.com

That board is specifically for people like yourself trying to find an out-of-print book or otherwise.

Another book of gingerbread patterns is Pat Olson's Gingerbread Christmas. Another oldie but I happen to know it is still available at http://www.tolehouse.com/books.htm

The postings these last few months on this board and others looking for gingerbread patterns must have been an omen because I recently read in some of my painting magazines that Gingerbread was going to be the crafter's 'in' thing for Christmas possibly overtaking snowmen!

Good luck in your search.

• ann_anon_com
    22 years ago

someone has a copy of Cozy Cookies on ebay.

• Deb_from_Pa
    22 years ago

I would LOVE to have copies of any gingerbread patterns. I have a few to maybe swap. I started out years ago decorating my kitchen with gingerbreads, but they just keep on multiplying and are in almost every room of my house now. LOL! I love them and would love to trade, swap, pay for patterns if anyone wanted to share
    Thanx much

• Tamara2001
    22 years ago

i would pay for the printing and postage to if someone could e-mail me thank you
    tammie
    dreynolds@tds.net

• Anchovie
    22 years ago

Those books on ebay are going for a fortune..

• destuff1
    22 years ago

I have approximately 80 Brand New Plaid Art Booklets dealing with all types of crafting and Tole Painting. I have a new booklet that has a Gingerbread Man Serving Tray and related accessories. This booklet has the full size patterns in the pull out section. I also have Silk Embroidery Ribbon in various mm sizes and many colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://destuff1.50megs.com

• KimW
    22 years ago

Would there be anyway I could get a copy of them also? I have been searching and can not find a single one and wanting to make some pickle Jars with painted gingerbread men on them.
    TIA
    Kim

• Vikki_W
    22 years ago

If anyone is still interested in this book, 100%Fat Free,
    e-mail me......

Vikki~~

• Deb_from_Pa
    21 years ago

Vikki,
    I am interested!!!!!!!

• ssundevill
    16 years ago

I lost this book in a recent house fire. WOuld anyone have this book they can sell or make copies of?

Thanks

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi ssundevill, wow, this was an old post--from way back in 2001. Are you wanting 100% Fat Free or Cozy Cookies (or both)? They talk about both of them in this post.

Let me dig through my painting books. I don't think I have Cozy Cookies, but I just might have the other one.

I'm sure you have already checked on ebay and on www.artistsclub.com for it.

So sorry about your house fire, it would be terrible to lose things you've had for so long.

I've been going through my books and weeding out some of them, so if I have it and am through with it, we'll figure out how to get it to you. Keep your fingers crossed.

Are you interested in other gingerbread patterns too? I have lots of clippings and old painting magazines too that I could check for you.

How did you find this forum? Hope you will keep coming back to visit and share comments and pics.

Luvs

• jaspersmommy
    16 years ago

Luvs, I would like a copy of that book it you still have it. We are painting a gingerbread christmas village for my daughters yard and I am not too crazy about the figures I can get. here are 2 sites for what I am doing, if you wanted to do it for indoors you could just reduce the pattern. I think they will do it for you.
    Thanks, Dena

http://thewinfieldcollection.com/

http://sherwoodonline.com/

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I found my copy of the 100% Fat-Free, not one I would want to part with, but I did try to contact the Publisher and the Author. Not able to reach them, so I contacted the Distributor which is Viking Folk Art Publications. A nice lady named Jan said she would search for it and get back to me. I am including her message here so that you can contact her directly to order the book. Happy Painting. Luvs

Thanks Jan, That is great. I will pass this message on to the lady on my forum who is looking for it, and she can order from you directly. Kay

On Jun 26, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Jan wrote:

Kay, I had the wrong price - it's $9.95. I'm sorry about the error. Jan

Hi Kay,

Good news! I found a copy of 100% Fat Free. The book is $8.95 plus shipping.
    Please let me know if you would like to order the book.

Jan

jan@vikingpub.com

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES