Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caminnc1

painting suggestions

caminnc
15 years ago

I painted this a couple of years ago and had so much fun doing it. I would like to make more but I don't know what size to make. I really don't even know what to do with them after I make them. Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

• caminnc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A close up.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! That is wonderful! I have a long shelf that hangs outside my front window, I'll post a pic so you can see what I mean. I decorate it all the time and a long sign like your's would work well there. I actually bought a long sign at Homegoods for St. Patrick's Day and used it on my window shelf. I'll post a pic of it too.

They could also be hung over wide doorways or windows or even on a fence--as well as on a mantle like you have it displayed. (by the way, your fireplace and cabinets are gorgeous!)

Did you have a pattern to follow? Or did you design it yourself? If so, did you print out the letters on your computer? It is so large and very impressive! TFS

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hi Cami and welcome. I love signs! I have signs of all shapes and sizes all over my house. Above my linen cabinets, pantry, beds, in wash rooms, bathrooms, above doorways and windows, sitting or hanging on shelves. I've got a big one planned for over my dining room window that will be Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez! Let the Good Times Roll! (DH is from Louisiana) You can make them seasonal or everyday or for certain areas. Just find the sayings that you love the most and go for it. You did a beautiful job on this one. Hope to see more! ~Anj

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

I love it. I love signs and wish I had more in the house. I found some really pretty ones at Kirkland's but I didn't buy them since I know I can paint them. Now, where will I have the time to do all that painting? Your painting is wonderful, very neat and clean.
    B

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

I love your sign! Have you ever considered putting your signs on consignment in a small shop in your area?

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Cami, your sign is wonderful. Make them for any space that needs a little extra or you want to fill in with something to blend things together. I just bought a sign that says not responsible for ANYONE left after midnight. I plan to put this in my sons bedroom when he not home sometime when he gets his new home built. He's single and I couldn't resist. It should be done in about 4 months so I can hardly wait. He's quite the tease but I'm sure he won't think it is as funny as I do. I have lots of little signs in our cabin that people can read and enjoy. Like so this isn't HOME SWEET HOME adjust.
    Your wall units are super nice looking. Do you have them filled up yet? If not, start there and fill in. Let us know what you decide to do with your signs.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I like the idea of signs too, but sometimes struggle with painting the lettering! Recently someone, I think it might have been Painting Fool, found one that said "I kiss better than I cook"--that one made me laugh out loud. Luvs

• alisande
    15 years ago

That is one gorgeous sign!! And what lovely, simple message.

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Caminnc.....your sign is so very well done, I can see why you would like to try for more!

I usually find a place then find the sign to fit the space.

I quite often shop for ideas in magazines,especially those that sell old world things, lots of great signs in them. Website also offer lots of ideas. Then I take their idea and make it my won. Tracing paper usually will let you copy the main lines and a copy machine to enlarge the pattern. I adjust the colors to match my home.

If you have a World Market near you, stop in, they have lots of things to get good ideas from.

Hope this helps.